Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we see a photo of SN1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though Elon is in Australia, I think for sure a photo will be taken today of the car rolling off the line. It may not be publicized immediately; maybe held until delivery event at the end of the month.

I think we'll see it today. The team will be standing around it, and/or a banner will be near it, obscuring any handover event surprises, but we'll see SOMETHING today, even if they wait until the market closes.

Reactions: AlanSqB
Two questions:

(1) I'm unclear on why if SN1 is rolling off the assembly line today, it isn't going into the hands of its new owner like right away, or within a couple days. Why the delay until July 28?

(2) If SN1 goes out today, what, will next week have SN2, SN3, SN4, etc, like one per day, or maybe two, all the way up to July 28? Elon said there'd only be 30 coming out in July. The dearth of sketchy facts doesn't add up.

Just an observation...Elon isn't even in Fremont for this critical milestone. It could be the most important day in the history of the company, a make or break moment for Tesla...I wonder how involved his is in the actual hands-on management of the company these days. For a guy that used to supposedly sleep at the end of the Model S assembly line during the early days, his absence strikes me as telling.

Just an observation...Elon isn't even in Fremont for this critical milestone. It could be the most important day in the history of the company, a make or break moment for Tesla...I wonder how involved his is in the actual hands-on management of the company these days. For a guy that used to supposedly sleep at the end of the Model S assembly line during the early days, his absence strikes me as telling.

Oh please give the man some credit. He is always multi tasking. It could be he was doing some hands on for this today.
Tesla wins contract for massive 100/129 MWh Powerpack system in Australia

This system is 3 times the power capacity of the next largest system in the world. Sounds kind of important to me.

Two questions:

(1) I'm unclear on why if SN1 is rolling off the assembly line today, it isn't going into the hands of its new owner like right away, or within a couple days. Why the delay until July 28?
The delay is so that they can make the rest of the vehicles that will be delivered on the 28th. Chances are also high that the car being built today will not be delivered but will be held as a museum/show piece.
(2) If SN1 goes out today, what, will next week have SN2, SN3, SN4, etc, like one per day, or maybe two, all the way up to July 28? Elon said there'd only be 30 coming out in July. The dearth of sketchy facts doesn't add up.
What facts are not adding up for you? They'll be building the other 29 (or 30) cars that will be delivered on the 28th over the next 3 weeks.

The time difference is over 16 hours, plenty of time for him to have gotten on a plane and flown back to CA.

Reactions: AlanSqB
Lets chip in any buy the assembly line workers some SBUX so they can get the lead out and finish up that first Model 3!

sbux_zpsjluh7lrm.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and SD_Engnr

My thoughts exalty

• Disagree
Reactions: boaterva
It does not tell me anything.

Perhaps you would prefer Mary Barra, full time ?

• Funny
Reactions: ikjadoon and KJD

If you have planned and designed your business correctly, there is a very key metric you can observe:

"Will the company perform flawlessly if I'm away?"

If it does not, restructure your QMS. Then use continuous improvement processes until you achieve acceptable customer satisfaction levels without you.

Ok, I'll bite. What does it tell us?