Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we see a photo of SN1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does not tell me anything.

Perhaps you would prefer Mary Barra, full time ?

Mary Barra is perhaps the most effective and knowledgeable automotive CEO today.

She headed the production of the largest OEM fleet of Fully Autonomous Electric Vehicles in the world today and oversaw the invention of the affordable 200 mile EV, and dramatically improved what was the best EREV on earth to levels that no automaker is even within 50% of yet while lowering it's cost and increasing it's performance.

She is a hardcore car guru. Not a good fit.

The delay is so that they can make the rest of the vehicles that will be delivered on the 28th. Chances are also high that the car being built today will not be delivered but will be held as a museum/show piece.

Elon got the first Roadster and Model X. The first Model S went to a board member with #2 going to Musk. He very well could be taking #1 for himself since he is the most under paid employee.

Elon got the first Roadster and Model X. The first Model S went to a board member with #2 going to Musk. He very well could be taking #1 for himself since he is the most under paid employee.
Depends on how you define 'pay'. His annual salary is less than $1M but his annual compensation is far greater than that, especially now that he's hit several of his payday milestones of the Master plan Part Deux.

Elon's not in town because he was in Australia 15 hours ago for the announcement of the largest battery storage system in world history...

If SN #1 rolls off the assembly line as advertised, there will be a picture. Someone will snap one, send it to Elon, and he'll tweet it.

Reactions: cdub and KJD
I also would guess that there's a greater chance of SN1 being destined for display than for someone's driveway. Just because they're delivering 30 at the end of the month doesn't mean that's all they will build. I would expect at least a few to remain company-owned for various QC or testing purposes.

Reactions: Falkirk and Alketi
Elon's not in town because he was in Australia 15 hours ago for the announcement of the largest battery storage system in world history...

If SN #1 rolls off the assembly line as advertised, there will be a picture. Someone will snap one, send it to Elon, and he'll tweet it.

I do wonder, if he were to catch a plane immediately after the signing, if he could make it back to Fremont in time for a celebration with the line workers on a successful Job 1...

Mary Barra is perhaps the most effective and knowledgeable automotive CEO today.

She is a hardcore car guru. Not a good fit.
This is seriously funny.
She may well be the supreme example from GMI, but we might want to be serious when considering such stellar status. Anybody who includes the Pontiac Firebird among favorite cars has a screw or two displaced by adherence to GM standards.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and tracksyde
Just an observation...Elon isn't even in Fremont for this critical milestone. It could be the most important day in the history of the company, a make or break moment for Tesla...I wonder how involved his is in the actual hands-on management of the company these days. For a guy that used to supposedly sleep at the end of the Model S assembly line during the early days, his absence strikes me as telling.
I agree with you 100%.

I would have thought that Elon would have been sleeping at the end of the Production Line as he was with the Model S.

Anywhoo, maybe he knows that all people would have to do is change 2 letters and we are all set.

Change RC1 to SN1....and we are all ready to go. LOL