Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we see a photo of SN1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is seriously funny.
She may well be the supreme example from GMI, but we might want to be serious when considering such stellar status. Anybody who includes the Pontiac Firebird among favorite cars has a screw or two displaced by adherence to GM standards.

Har-d-har. Uh... Har. So far more people on earth know what car was driven in Smokey and the Bandit than what a Tesla Roadster is... :D

So let me edumacate you pardner.

The Screaming Chicken was legendary (Firebird Trans Am):
35a346de433b32e93d08929c965157bc--dreams-cool-cars.jpg

Before Pontiac was disbanded in the crash of 2009, the Firebird was not only legendary, it was a solid performer to boot.

I was behind the wheel of a 1998? Pontiac T/A WS6 with the T-56 and naturally aspirated LS1 driving for hire at California Speedway's dragstrip on a bad day, clicked off a 12.7x @ 108.x for the owner. This was arguably the quickest Firebird model ever. And they achieved about 28-30 mpg highway at 70mph by owners, but 26 mpg according to the EPA.

Not just my opinion, Popular Mechanics:
Popular Mechanics

Let's put things in 1998 perspective: The $70k 1999 Porsche 911 only traps 104 mph (13.6@104mph Car&Driver). The Porsche claims to have a far, far higher power to weight than the $30k Firebird, but the Bird creamed the 911 at anything that resembled a speed contest and... got better fuel economy doing it. In the right hands it would even put up a very good fight on a road course as well.

Truth? Somebody either exaggerated their horsepower, or it's simply that you don't mess the Bird.

Let's face it, some folk droll over the BMW 3 series in their sexual fantasies. At least there's a REASON to drool over a TA.

Last edited:
Two questions:

(1) I'm unclear on why if SN1 is rolling off the assembly line today, it isn't going into the hands of its new owner like right away, or within a couple days. Why the delay until July 28?

(2) If SN1 goes out today, what, will next week have SN2, SN3, SN4, etc, like one per day, or maybe two, all the way up to July 28? Elon said there'd only be 30 coming out in July. The dearth of sketchy facts doesn't add up.

I agree. There is an incredible dearth of sketchy facts. It's so extreme it is approaching zero:)

Just an observation...Elon isn't even in Fremont for this critical milestone. It could be the most important day in the history of the company, a make or break moment for Tesla...I wonder how involved his is in the actual hands-on management of the company these days. For a guy that used to supposedly sleep at the end of the Model S assembly line during the early days, his absence strikes me as telling.

You do realize that he was absent because he was managing a big unveil event for Tesla, right?

Tesla isn't just cars, and many people seem to forget that.

• Love
Reactions: skitown
How about: Tesla is achieving what could literally be world-changing milestones at a rate where the CEO has to choose if he's present for what could be the first production model of the car that ushers in the dawn of the EV era and subsequent demise of big oil for transportation, OR at the event that could signal the beginning of global energy independence and sustainability.

Tough call.

As a bonus if timing were a couple days different he could also have had to choose whether to be at SpaceX for the first time they've successfully performed 3 launches in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
This is seriously funny.
She may well be the supreme example from GMI, but we might want to be serious when considering such stellar status. Anybody who includes the Pontiac Firebird among favorite cars has a screw or two displaced by adherence to GM standards.

Last edited by a moderator: