Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will you change your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm lucky in that the EMM chip (or whatever its called) hasnt caused my MCU1 to fail yet, although its sluggish.

Have a look at the MCU2 upgrade, its well worth the money, makes everything quicker.

I think a Y would be good, but I suspect it'll be a close to £35k+ for cost of change from your current car, and regardless of what hardware advances there is I still think the S is the best looking car Tesla makes.

Reactions: Beady3647
Im of an age where with a bit of luck and care, it should be my last new car.

Im thinking with all the EVs we have, depending on future battery storage costs, I could decommission the cars and have 200kW storage

Worth a thought

Were they Model S’s that were choosing the free option? It’s possible they were older cars without the CCS option and therefore couldn’t use V3 chargers.

No, they were both M3s. If time wasn’t a priority and they were intending to spend some time in town I guess it makes sense to get some free juice on a slower charge rather than pay to use the faster V3s.

I have my M3P on a 4 yr pcp deal with Tesla/Black Horse. My last car I had for nearly 7 years but prior to that the longest i owned a car was 4 years and I changed cars a lot.

I'm curious because I love the Tesla and can't really see any other regular manufacturer getting anywhere close to Tesla in terms of technology and the SuC network is hands down the jewel in the crown. I just can't overcome the anxiety that not having supercharger availability would bring, given there is piss poor charging network infrastructure at present.

I am curious to understand the cars valuation come the end of the term as I may be temped to keep it for a bit longer but it will depend on circumstances at that time.

My 2 year M3P lease is up September 21, Leaseplan will allow me informally extend on the same terms for as long as I want, so I’ve got great flexibility

might buy it, get a new M3P, carry on leasing this one. Or might get a Y or Cybertruck :).

But at the moment both of us work from home, and we have 2 EV’s that cost £90k sat on the drive most of the time, so who knows what I’ll do next really

Reactions: gangzoom
I’ll be changing my car in another two years. I won’t be getting another M3 unless Tesla significantly improve comfort and refinement to bring it up to levels expected in this price range. I’ve also well fallen out of love with the single screen and want a decent binnacle display and a HUD.

I’ve only used a supercharger half a dozen times in 14 months and I’m not in the slightest bit interested in FSD, so for me Tesla has no advantage over other manufacturers. OTA software updates will be industry standard soon. I’ll be interested to see what comes out in the next couple of years.

I also never use superchargers and couldn’t give a fig about FSD. I would like the equivalent of TACC for long motorway journeys but that’s hardly unique to Tesla, and other manufacturers manage to implement it without violent phantom braking. I don’t want another poorly built tin can from the US, and I want more display options than the single screen.

I have no brand loyalty to Tesla. They provide a commodity which I choose to use at the moment but that may finish when I change my M3 in two years. Whether I get another Tesla depends on whether they can significantly improve build quality and refinement, and also depends on what other manufacturers have to offer at that time. It may well be that Gigafactory Berlin offers exactly what I need, so we’ll see.