Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will you upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just sold my Porsche Boxster, and ran across all sorts of weirdness in the used cars market. KBB and Edmunds for example were literally half the price of what I sold my car to Carmax. (KBB was about $7000, sold for $11K, later found it sold in private market for $20K). Used prices are messed up right now.

Having noted that, my research says that the best you can do in terms of actual market value is ebaymotors, for cars that sold via auction. That's real world people bidding real money, not guesswork.

Here's an eBay search for sold Model 3s:

That's the best you can do today I think. Only a couple of older Performance versions sold. You can follow this search if you aren't in a rush. My mostly uninformed take is that I'd say getting $60K will be a stretch, but not impossible. It just requires the right person to find it. If you aren't in a rush, it doesn't hurt to list it 'too high'- if no one is interested, you won't get any hits.
Thx for that info dude. Yea I actually threw up a lazy fb marketplace ad for 65k firm. We’ll see what happens. I love the 3 and am in no hurry (though the more plaid reviews that drop on YouTube… the more I salivate over one lol). Need to get a great offer on the M3P though for me to budge!

I'm 70. Ever since I turned 30, when I could finally afford to buy a new car instead of a used one, I've tried to keep each car for 10 years. There was one car that didn't quite make it, then there was one that lasted 18 years and was still a joy to drive when it burned up in a fire not of it's own making. Having said all that, I bought an M3LR last September and will also try to keep it for 10 years. By then I'll be 80 and treat myself to either a new Tesla or a new battery powered wheelchair.
Other side of the Berks and 58 but completely agree. Can't see myself pumping gas again.
Diddo on most of that for me, too. I love my M3, LR which is nearly 3 years old. My “upgrade” would be one with the bike rack option, which wasn’t offered when I ordered mine. Love my car in every other way. I’m always looking forward to a road trip. It kept me sane during the lockdown, too.