Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you bought your first Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) How many people did you know who owned a Tesla?
I knew one person that drove a 2022 Model Y LR.

2) Did you ride in a Tesla before buying one?
I did not ride in one. The individual who owned the MYLR let my wife and I sit in hers and measure for car seats, but we did not ride in it.

3) Did you test drive one before you bought one?
After sitting in it and talking it over with the wife, we ordered one without even test driving. The first time I ever drove a Tesla was when I picked it up from the Service Center and drove it home. I've had no real issues to speak of and have been delighted with the car. I'm glad I jumped in feet first.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
A number of months before we bought our 2021 Model 3 LR. AWD...my friend and neighbor was kind enough to let me drive his 2018 Model 3. I then rode around with him a lot ( we had a coffee day once a week) and I learned a lot about Tesla company and vehicles. I was lucky. If I had not had that opportunity not sure what we would have done. We did look and test drive an id.4 just before my "tesla training" so to speak.

I really was underwhelmed by the id.4. I have an egolf that I think is great and thought I’d love the id.4 but it didn’t do anything for me. Maybe the most disappointing test drive I’ve ever taken.
Yeah..I had Not driven any EV's when we took the VW id.4 for a test ride. Later, after driving my friends Model 3..I saw a vast difference..on how difficult the VW tech was, how it handled (although I have driven worse) but did like the size and maybe the seat height. Then, when into the M3..had a happy feeling.