TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When you configured your Model 3, did you get Autopilot?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by sakimano, May 22, 2018.

?

Did you get Autopilot with your Model 3 order (firm orders only)

1. Yes I did

57 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. No I didn't

42 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Veedio

Veedio Member

Sounds like it’s time for a moderator to call a time out. :confused:

• Like x 2
  2. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

I think one of the problems is that whether you get autopilot or not, they put a bunch of fancy autopilot cameras and sensors on your car.

If you don't get AP they wasted lots of money on hardware.

If you do get, something tells me you're subsidizing the unused hardware on the other people's cars.

• Like x 1
  3. LionAsh

LionAsh Member

4. d21mike

d21mike Member

#44 d21mike, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    I follow all forums because there is a lot of overlap of information. But I own a Model S.

1. The poll is "did you get Autopilot". Not did you get EAP or EAP+FSD or nothing. Which might be more helpful.

2. Did most people that answered Yes. Did they mostly order EAP Only?

3. Some are saying AP is not worth $7500. Where did that number come from.
    For the Model S at time or order:
    a. EAP is $5000
    b. FSD is $3000
    Total is $8000 USD

Also, those that say AP is not worth $7500 (?) would it be worth $5000 which I think is the real price most should be considering since FSD is vaporware at this point (even though I got both).

EDIT: Not sure where I got EAP is $4000 USD. So I changed it to $5000 USD.

5. Linamani

Linamani Member

EAP cost $6600CAD and FSD is $4000CAD. We are talking Canadian dollars here ;)

Oh and to upgrade to AEP after delivery it's $7,900CAD + $5,300CAD for FSD!

6. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

This is a Canadian so we are talking about CAD here. For Model 3, the EAP US price is 5000 US$. So CAD price is 5000*1.32(exchange rate)*1.13 (Sales tax here)= 7458 CA$. So the guys said 7500$ is about correct..

7. d21mike

d21mike Member

Thanks to @Linamani and @ZooSean for the clarification. I also corrected my USD $4000 TO USD $5000.

8. Francis_Beland

This car is so fun to drive, I won't let a computer drive it for me :). Seriously, I'm not sold on AP because I don't feel I need it. However, if TACC was available separately, I would have probably taken it.

I suggested that an AP trial was available and instead of an option to be paid right now, it could be available by monthly subscription. The hardware is already there so you can unlock it when you want and cancel it whenever you want. If you sell the car, the next owner could subscribe to it or not.

• Like x 2