Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you configured your Model 3, did you get Autopilot?

Did you get Autopilot with your Model 3 order (firm orders only)

• Yes I did

Votes: 57 57.6%
  • No I didn't

Votes: 42 42.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not order it....If Full Self Driving becomes a thing, then I will consider buying it.

I think people over-estimate how good auto-pilot is.....which is also why there are so many negative articles about it when it doesn't work as well as the lofty expectations.

My Pacifica has everything that auto-pilot has except it won't change lanes when I hit the blinker and it beeps at me within 10 seconds of taking my hands off the wheel. But it keeps the lane and has TACC. It stops when there are cars stopped in front of me and resumes when they start moving again.

To me....those features were not worth $7500. Then again, I don't have to deal with much traffic and I enjoy driving the car.

In a way, Tesla's naming and over-selling of auto-pilot has been a curse, in my opinion.

I did not order it....If Full Self Driving becomes a thing, then I will consider buying it.

I think people over-estimate how good auto-pilot is.....which is also why there are so many negative articles about it when it doesn't work as well as the lofty expectations.

My Pacifica has everything that auto-pilot has except it won't change lanes when I hit the blinker and it beeps at me within 10 seconds of taking my hands off the wheel. But it keeps the lane and has TACC. It stops when there are cars stopped in front of me and resumes when they start moving again.

To me....those features were not worth $7500. Then again, I don't have to deal with much traffic and I enjoy driving the car.

In a way, Tesla's naming and over-selling of auto-pilot has been a curse, in my opinion.

Tesla autopilot is totally different than your Pacifica. Sorry you need learn a bit more before you try to compare Tesla and GM.

Tesla autopilot is totally different than your Pacifica. Sorry you need learn a bit more before you try to compare Tesla and GM.
Sorry.....but I own both vehicles and drive them both....and I am not going to take my advice from someone that thinks a Pacifica is a GM.
Also, I did not say they are the same. Don't get all butt hurt just because I said something even mildly critical of Tesla.

Sorry.....but I own both vehicles and drive them both....and I am not going to take my advice from someone that thinks a Pacifica is a GM.
Also, I did not say they are the same. Don't get all butt hurt just because I said something even mildly critical of Tesla.

Sorry, I used to have Chrysler car, I aways thought Chrysler also belongs to GM same as Chevy. Okay , I am wrong , it belongs to Fiat now.

The number tells us all, okay, 60% of us are all stupid and paid too much to Tesla as it not worth for. And even , someone paid Tesla with autonomous driving is a dummy in your opinion.

Sorry, I used to have Chrysler car, I aways thought Chrysler also belongs to GM same as Chevy. Okay , I am wrong , it belongs to Fiat now.

The number tells us all, okay, 60% of us are all stupid and paid too much to Tesla as it not worth for. And even , someone paid Tesla with autonomous driving is a dummy in your opinion.

It is not worth $7500 to me. People are not dummies for spending that money if they think it is worth it. I spend a lot of money on watches and many people would never do that when they have the time on their phone. Some would even say I am dumb for doing it. But I enjoy them. Something is worth whatever people are willing to pay.

If autopilot gives you joy and makes you life easier and it is worth $7500, then go for it. It wasn't worth it to me and I feel it is over-priced for what it provides. I also feel it is over-sold....not really due to Tesla, but due to folks not understanding what it actually does over and above other car companies safety features.

The Pacifica has lane keep, auto emergency braking, stop and go cruise control (TACC), auto park, auto parallel park, 360 degree birds eye view (which Model 3 doesn't have), cross path sensing when backing out of a parking space (which Model 3 doesn't have), blind spot detection. Literally the only thing it doesn't have is the ability to steer for you because Chrysler chooses to have you put your hands on the wheel more frequently and auto lane change.

Many cars nowadays have most of the features that Autopilot has and they charge a fraction of the cost for it. I also live somewhere that has very little traffic and about a 15 minute commute to work. That is why it was not worth it to me. If I lived in Toronto and had to take the DVP every day, I probably would have bough autopilot.

Just don't insult me saying I need to be educated when I have done my homework, have first hand experience with both vehicles. I won't even get into my previous work experience which is probably more relevant to this area than most in regards to the automotive industry and EVs in general.

It is not worth $7500 to me. People are not dummies for spending that money if they think it is worth it. I spend a lot of money on watches and many people would never do that when they have the time on their phone. Some would even say I am dumb for doing it. But I enjoy them. Something is worth whatever people are willing to pay.

If autopilot gives you joy and makes you life easier and it is worth $7500, then go for it. It wasn't worth it to me and I feel it is over-priced for what it provides. I also feel it is over-sold....not really due to Tesla, but due to folks not understanding what it actually does over and above other car companies safety features.

The Pacifica has lane keep, auto emergency braking, stop and go cruise control (TACC), auto park, auto parallel park, 360 degree birds eye view (which Model 3 doesn't have), cross path sensing when backing out of a parking space (which Model 3 doesn't have), blind spot detection. Literally the only thing it doesn't have is the ability to steer for you because Chrysler chooses to have you put your hands on the wheel more frequently and auto lane change.

Many cars nowadays have most of the features that Autopilot has and they charge a fraction of the cost for it. I also live somewhere that has very little traffic and about a 15 minute commute to work. That is why it was not worth it to me. If I lived in Toronto and had to take the DVP every day, I probably would have bough autopilot.

Just don't insult me saying I need to be educated when I have done my homework, have first hand experience with both vehicles. I won't even get into my previous work experience which is probably more relevant to this area than most in regards to the automotive industry and EVs in general.

Okay , with your theory, I certainly not going to buy a car which will shut himself off in the middle of highway. To me , it worth Zero from my point of view.

Why buy Tesla, if you did not want autopilot.

It is simple as that.

There are tons of reasons without even considering autopilot. Tesla makes fast, beautiful, all-electric vehicles with basically the longest range on the market. You have a fast charging network that is faster and more prevalent than anything else out there, and is integrated directly into your nav system so it's actually tricky to run out of power on a road trip...and road trips are actually possible without being horribly inconvenient. You get OTA updates and don't have to deal with annoying car dealers, etc, etc, etc.

Personally I purchased the Model 3 for 2 main reasons.

1) Battery technology, management, layout, capacity appear to be the best on the market today
2) Supercharger network

Everything else is whipped cream and cherry on top for me. I am positive others have their own reasons which work for them. I am also glad to be part of the EV-minded group and have much respect for those with Leafs, Ioniq, Bolt, and the many many other EVs out there.

Personally I purchased the Model 3 for 2 main reasons.

1) Battery technology, management, layout, capacity appear to be the best on the market today
2) Supercharger network

Everything else is whipped cream and cherry on top for me. I am positive others have their own reasons which work for them. I am also glad to be part of the EV-minded group and have much respect for those with Leafs, Ioniq, Bolt, and the many many other EVs out there.

Are you also pay respect to plugins which getting same amount of rebate but use gas all the time?;)

So you’re Pacifica has everything autopilot has EXCEPT the main feature of autopilot which is auto steer....

Okay , with your theory, I certainly not going to buy a car which will shut himself off in the middle of highway. To me , it worth Zero from my point of view.
Actually Did you know that tens of thousands of Pacifica’s have not stalled on the highway and Chrysler recalled them to fix the issue?
Mine hasn’t done it just like your Tesla hasn’t slammed into a fire truck or median at 100 km/h. It is not flattering to cherry pick information.

You are making me sound like a Tesla hater when I am the furthest thing from it. I am an early shareholder and an owner.

Actually Did you know that tens of thousands of Pacifica’s have not stalled on the highway and Chrysler recalled them to fix the issue?
Mine hasn’t done it just like your Tesla hasn’t slammed into a fire truck or median at 100 km/h. It is not flattering to cherry pick information.

You are making me sound like a Tesla hater when I am the furthest thing from it. I am an early shareholder and an owner.

Sorry, please be logic if you are in high tech industry as you said that you close to EV industry.

Your logic is everyone has his own opinion of what worth what is not. So your logic is autopilot for Tesla not worth the money,but your watch worth the money. Then mine logic is Pacifica not worth anything to me, but Tesla autopilot worth every penny .

Sorry, please be logic if you are in high tech industry as you said that you close to EV industry.

Your logic is everyone has his own opinion of what worth what is not. So your logic is autopilot for Tesla not worth the money,but your watch worth the money. Then mine logic is Pacifica not worth anything to me, but Tesla autopilot worth every penny .
The reason you gave was silly. If a few Pacifica’s stalling is your reason (I literally think it was four vehicles), then surely people slamming into stationary objects and dying should be reason enough not to get auto pilot.