Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When's Jailbreaking the cars going to be a thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With starting the jailbreaking campaign, there are many safety related issues with the autopilot and driver assist functions of the platforms, but it also opens lots of possibilities of 'overclocking' so to say.. the battery and putting more current to the motors to allow faster 0 to 60 times- as we've seen lately Tesla fiddle with. Possibly even primary third-party solutions to the very disappointing FSD issues.
Does anyone work on getting into the nitty gritty of any of the vehicles?

Speaking in terms of iPhone jailbreaking here.

As well as I'm sure there are a lot of people thinking "I'm not about to let someone tear down my car and brick the software on it."

No..I'm not financially up for it... nor academically... But I would believe the notion to give updates that allow better range (at a tradeoff cost) and 0 to 60 updates/ upgrades OTA would be an enormous market. Similar to the Supercharging market of ICE vehicles. Those companies blow motors and cost 100s of thousands to develop... but once it's been achieved... the power and profit is great for the industry and consumer (Who knows what he's signing up for)

Yes there are risks. As with any vehicle modification.

Any race teams associated with overhauling the performance?

Reactions: Minecon_CA