Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where’s 2020.12.5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this update! 2020.12.5

installing it now

I usually dont chime in on these threads to say "me too" but since this seems to be near the beginning of the launch of this version.... "me too" (installing this update now as I type this). 2018 Model 3P, FSD, HW3 recently installed by the service center a week or so ago. Coming from 12.1, and non teslafi, stats or any other third party monitoring, so mine is not going to show up anywhere people check.

Reactions: Bet TSLA

Attachments

• 4C734FC2-88C1-4442-BC46-61AC7314B9F3.jpeg
    4C734FC2-88C1-4442-BC46-61AC7314B9F3.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 110
Software version 2020.12.5 e2179e0650 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Long Range in California United States. The highest previous version was 2020.12.1 299292ad77. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com

Software version 2020.12.5 e2179e0650 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Long Range in California United States. The highest previous version was 2020.12.1 299292ad77. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com

Did you see a few posts up where people (including me) have already downloaded it tonight prior to you "reporting it was just detected on teslafi"?

Ill just quote something I said in the software update thread for version 8.1, that is applicable to every single one of these threads:

==========================================
Pretty much EVERY firmware thread usually devolves into:

1. Someone rushing to make an "announcement" as an OP of a firmware thread, saying "I see new version XXXX on a car in Teslafi!!!!!"
2. Posts from others linking possible release notes / information from other sources
3. Posts from people complaining about not getting it
4. Posts from people saying " I got it! Me too! Me tooooooo!!!!"
5. Posts from people complaining about whatever new features / fixes are in the release notes, saying "Tesla needs to focus on XXX why are they wasting everyones time with YYYY??" I have wasted my money!!!!!!
6. More discussion about various features.
7. Thread dies down as more people get firmware.
8 New thread starts up repeating this cycle with whatever the next release is.

Except same data intersection. Hoping to have some run in middle of nice before getting stuck at fiscal close starting tomorrow.

But doubt it will hit me that quick. Not rolling out THAT quick and rollout usually needs to be 20-40% on TeslaFi before I see it.

I got the update overnight. I tried installing it remotely 4 times but it always failed so I had to do it old school and install it directly from the car.

The only car that got it so far is only on AP2/MCU1 so it didn't get the dashcam viewer. I did confirm the out-of-order Supercharger functionality works. Also, the release notes showed up instantly and are actually visible so I think they've updated the font color. I also noticed that Supercharger pins on the map are transparent now. They were always solid before.