Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where’s the 2.5 ECU teardown?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re not the same. Well, the actual boards could be practically the same (we dunno yet), but everything else is hugely different: The sandwitch with MCU, the cooling, and like u said - that cabin cam probably needs an IO (I assume it connects to ape)

They’re not the same. Well, the actual boards could be practically the same (we dunno yet), but everything else is hugely different: The sandwitch with MCU, the cooling, and like u said - that cabin cam probably needs an IO (I assume it connects to ape)

Yep, of course it could connect to the CID (MCU? or whatever it is now called) as well, e.g. for those HUD video calls. ;)

Yep, of course it could connect to the CID (MCU? or whatever it is now called) as well, e.g. for those HUD video calls. ;)
AFAIK, ape and cid have separate IOs. So what I meant was that the IOs on ape couls be different on model 3 than on S/X if we assume that the cam connects to the ape board (and not cid).

Then again, we haven’t seen the S/X board yet so who knows! Maybe @verygreen could have seen something in sw?

• Helpful
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
@lunitiks Yes, I understood you. I suggested the alternative that the interior camera could of course connect to the "CID" instead, we don't know. APE seems most likely of course.

There was the talk of a hardware splitter? on AP 2.5 (some input going into AP 2.5 and back out) wasn't there? Suggesting some input/output differences at least compared to AP2...

Yes, I pointed that out long ago in the AP2.0 cameras thread. But the BUC connection did change in 2.5 too; now there's some kind of "splitter" that I'm not sure about the purpose of. In 2.5, BUC signal goes to APE ("IN"), then there's two "OUT" - one to CID and one back to APE (which obviously has two "IN" now).

2.5 seems to include a new CPU/GPU board, a new front radar and a new steering control unit from what information I’ve gathered. Someone in Switzerland recently had his MX updated from 2.0 to 2.5, but that person hasn’t posted a shop listing of what was done.

SC in Cham, Switzerland swapped HW 2.0 for 2.5

I'll go out on a limb and call BS on this one.

There was the talk of a hardware splitter? on AP 2.5 (some input going into AP 2.5 and back out) wasn't there? Suggesting some input/output differences at least compared to AP2...
Yes. In the 2.5 wiring diagrams for S/X, you have BUC-APE-CID, and then you have the weird BUC-APE-APE connection. I haven't seen Model 3's wiring diagrams, so dunno if the BUC wiring is different/same

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger