Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where and how to tap into audio for a subwoofer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

Long story short:

I’ve got an Hansshow subwoofer with a broken harness. The subwoofer is working fine but the harness has some of the rear speakers was reversed, some wires were broken and the DSP box wasn’t working correctly. I pulled it out and was much happier without the Version B upgrade :) The car is a 2020 SR+ with factory speakers and rear speakers.

Last weeke I’ve installed a regular DIY Hansshow harness and everything is working. All the speakers are activated but I still need a little bit more bass.
Now I need a place to tap into to get a signal for the sub. This would be a Frankstein Hansshow setup.

Is this possible with the DIY harness and a homemade harness to the Hansshow subwoofer?

Attachments

• IMG_0411.jpeg
    IMG_0411.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 294
  • TM3-subwoofer1.jpeg
    TM3-subwoofer1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    682 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 139
I know this is an older post but I see you have no answers. I have a 2019 SR plus that I bought my sister and I’m wanting to upgrade the audio before I send her the car. I ordered that kit as well. Not sure of mine comes with DSP or not, but I’m trying to find out where to tab to add the subwoofer. If you ever figure this out, please update thank you.

Check out this video and this article, I was able to install OEM subwoofer in my 2019 sr+ combined with the hansshow activation harness

This is a step by step walkthrough of the wiring and general connection overview. This and the video above helps tie things together. Even though it’s for a RHD, the wiring is the same.