Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are all the inventory Model X's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been searching around for an inventory X in socal and there is hardly anything available. I have been looking around on ev-cpo and teslainventory and there are 0 75D available and a handful of 100d all over $100k. Is Tesla holding inventory back? Anyone have any luck finding something? Don't want to custom build as I would like to make use of tax incentives for this year. Was offered a 90d model from a OA that was fully loaded for near $102k and was discounted $16k from MSRP but looks like a older VIN.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just put an inventory vehicle on hold after looking for about 6 weeks. My sales advisor said that the inventory vehicles aren't lasting long bc the only way to guarantee the $7500 tax credit at this point is to take possession before Jan 1 2018. That means an inventory vehicle is the only option at this point if you want the $7500 tax credit as it might go away with the next tax bill.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just became aware of a White/white interior MX 100D 5-seater with a $19K discount. It was a loaner and has 6,700 miles. EAP, SAS, UHFS and Subzero. Sells for $90,800 after $7,500 federal tax credit. Leases for $1,067/$1,099/$1,132 for 10K/12K/15K miles with $5,000 down. Happy to make an introduction to the OA who sourced it.

After the last ~$3,000 price drop, the slight over the air 0-60 performance increase, included AWD, included tow hitch and sundry other items formerly available only in the premium upgrades package or at extra cost... plus who knows what other unspoken improvements Tesla has been making... it looks like buying a Tesla now with the questionable $7,500 incentive is still a better value than buying it with the $7,500 tax incentive when the X's first started shipping. I think you're letting the lack of certainty regarding the tax incentive bother you too much, keeping you from ordering what you really want.

I had a hard time locating an inventory model X spec'd the way I wanted here in CA from late November on. They said its the lowest stock they've every seen. My OA found a 100D in Austin and before I could say yes it was gone. My OA was very optimistic and was waiting for new lists of inventory vehicles to post and she finally found me a Pearl White 100D, seven seater, premium package, 1700 miles with a -17.5k adjustment in Georgia. Only kicker was that they are so slammed that they wouldn't be able to ship it here in time for me to take delivery this year. So I'm flying out to take delivery in GA this Thursday and shipping it privately to CA. Thought about the road trip but it's too close to Christmas!

Could have had a custom ordered back in October but pulled the trigger super late and cut it real close. Overall I'm super happy bc I got a better deal on a 100D over a comparable 75D custom build. Road trip would have been epic.

Reactions: ModelX
I had a hard time locating an inventory model X spec'd the way I wanted here in CA from late November on. They said its the lowest stock they've every seen. My OA found a 100D in Austin and before I could say yes it was gone. My OA was very optimistic and was waiting for new lists of inventory vehicles to post and she finally found me a Pearl White 100D, seven seater, premium package, 1700 miles with a -17.5k adjustment in Georgia. Only kicker was that they are so slammed that they wouldn't be able to ship it here in time for me to take delivery this year. So I'm flying out to take delivery in GA this Thursday and shipping it privately to CA. Thought about the road trip but it's too close to Christmas!

Could have had a custom ordered back in October but pulled the trigger super late and cut it real close. Overall I'm super happy bc I got a better deal on a 100D over a comparable 75D custom build. Road trip would have been epic.

Hi PVX179,

My understanding was that picking up the car in another state doesn't work because you would have to register the car twice. How are you able to get around it?

Hi PVX179,

My understanding was that picking up the car in another state doesn't work because you would have to register the car twice. How are you able to get around it?

I am pretty sure you could buy a car in another state and ask the dealership to register it in CA. My brother bought a car in Arizona on a trip there when his car broke down.. instead of fixing it he traded it in for a new model at the Arizona dealership. They will be charging you sales tax at your home county anyway.

I had a beautiful White 100d 6 seater as a loaner for almost a week, and it was sold while I had it. A SA or OA literally ripped the keys from my hands (I held on tight) and ran it back to start prepping it for the new owner. Did anyone here buy it? I don't think it ever made the Inventory list..

Buying a car and registering a car are two different things. I've bought cars in other states and just get a temporary transport tag (from the dealer or DMV) to drive it home and register it there.

If a private sale, I've always been able to get the seller to leave their tags on for a day so I can drive it home, and then send the tags back. Of course, I had my insurance on the car prior to that. I've also sold cars that way. I even sold a car to a guy who drove it back to Canada with my tags on it.

In @pvx179 's case, he can just put the new car on a transport without tags or registration, and do that when getting back to CA.

Also, as an out-of-state resident/buyer, it's generally not possible to just show up and register a car in the selling state (there are some exceptions to this).

Hi PVX179,

When I took delivery in Decatur they had all the CA DMV paperwork there for me to sign. Even though I had temporary Georgia tags they also have CA DMV tag for me. I also had to sign a document that exempted me from paying sales tax in Georgia, pay CA sales tax instead when I took delivery. I'm having it shipped to CA now.

Reactions: HankLloydRight