Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are all the inventory Model X's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, wonder what’s going on. Lots of inventory vehicles all of a sudden. Signs of a refresh? Fingers crossed. I ordered mine just 3 days ago.

This was expected. Even forecast on TMC with someone mentioning that a Tesla employee hinted to them that "lots of inventory coming out soon". It's month-3 of the quarter. Been this way for a few years.

Do NOT BUY MY LEMON Model X 90D. VIN: 005674.
This car has almost countless manufacturing defects. Doors needed to be adjusted in SC many times, including new motors. I added 1/4 inch weatherstripping to stop abundant airflow around them (noise and cold came in, couldn't keep car warm in winter). Now the windshield wipers are stuck in the 'up' position, refusing to go down. Driver's seat is now being replaced for unclear reasons, but cold NJ winters have had NO HEAT IN SEAT! Key fob died totally. Once the car just stopped working when parked at office. Tesla sent a flatbed for it. It's been 18 months and Tesla is close to 'making a deal' to replace this lemon, but has really refused to refund the deposit paid on the lease. Whatever deal may include a non-disclosure agreement, not in force as of today, so here is my recommendation:
DO NOT BUY LEMON MODEL X 90D: VIN 005674.

• Informative
Reactions: redan
I guess they all got snapped up?

I find it hard to understand these discounts - they seem to range far more generous than for their low-mileage used inventory?!?

The financial world values Tesla primarily on the # of new-units sold, regardless of price. Sure, they look at debt and other obligations but the # 1 thing is "new car sales". Used car re-sales matter little. This includes the ability to meet lofty guidance made a while back such as "500,000 cars a year by 2018" and "1 million cars a year by 2020".

I guess they all got snapped up?

I find it hard to understand these discounts - they seem to range far more generous than for their low-mileage used inventory?!?
Many were sold...then as the end of the quarter approached (and they couldn't deliver them before the 1st quarter ended), they delisted them, as they do quarter after quarter.

As for the huge discounts, they often do that when there is a hardware changed such as the S refresh, AP2, new MCU, etc.