Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are refreshed S and X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whats going on? Where are these cars? People want new S or X and they cant get any :( Its great Tesla made a refresh but If I knew it will take another year for deliveries to start I would not be so hyped. I have S on order here in Europe and they says it should arrive at November. However after 5 months there havent started deliveries even to US, I think they are fooling people like always and will push the EU deliveries to 2022 :/

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
I always find the Lucid argument hard to swallow. Will anyone pay big money for a few more miles when it means no supercharging? I mean a few will but I would much rather have a 400 mile Tesla than a 500 mile Lucid if I was a big road tripper.

The S and X needed a refresh. The sad part is that it doesn't even seem like much, the price is higher and it is seriously delayed. I bet Porsche is getting some sales....

At this point, 6 months later (just guessing), $10k more, the refresh is a bit of a yawn unless you happen to like playing video games in the back seat...

I always find the Lucid argument hard to swallow. Will anyone pay big money for a few more miles when it means no supercharging? I mean a few will but I would much rather have a 400 mile Tesla than a 500 mile Lucid if I was a big road tripper.

The S and X needed a refresh. The sad part is that it doesn't even seem like much, the price is higher and it is seriously delayed. I bet Porsche is getting some sales....

At this point, 6 months later (just guessing), $10k more, the refresh is a bit of a yawn unless you happen to like playing video games in the back seat...
I went and test drove the Taycan 4S and I must say I almost cancelled my refreshed S and jump ship! Very tempting.

Thinking I can challenge a Taycan with my M3 in a race to Phoenix from here for pinks....

Hint.... I won't have to spend a night in a hotel waiting for charge.
Hint. Neither would they
56309407-F85A-47CB-ACAB-DB469192440B.png

When I test drove the Porsche Panamera I spent some time looking over the taycan, really love the design, but my only concern was fast charging on a road trip, electrify America is an ok solution but I wouldn’t want to rely on a 3rd party charging network that doesn’t really have an incentive to help you in case the chargers aren’t working. If Porsche had a supercharger network then it would be a game changer for me, because then Porsche has an incentive to make sure the chargers are working because it’s their product.

• Informative
Reactions: whitex
Hint. Neither would they
View attachment 654154

When I test drove the Porsche Panamera I spent some time looking over the taycan, really love the design, but my only concern was fast charging on a road trip, electrify America is an ok solution but I wouldn’t want to rely on a 3rd party charging network that doesn’t really have an incentive to help you in case the chargers aren’t working. If Porsche had a supercharger network then it would be a game changer for me, because then Porsche has an incentive to make sure the chargers are working because it’s their product.
VW is the primary funder of Electrify America, oh, and they own Porsche too.

• Informative
Reactions: AMPd