TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where are the Autopilot sensors placed on the car?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by AndrewKo, Oct 26, 2015.

1. AndrewKo

AndrewKo Member

I scratched the front bumper of my car and i'm debating whether to take the car to a non-Tesla autoshop to repaint it. However, if they need to remove the front bumper, i'm hoping there isnt a ton of electronics in it to confuse the mechanic (ie. the autopilot hardware etc).

Does anyone know where the autopilot hardware is stored exactly on the car? I'm hoping its ultrasonic long range sensors arn't in the bumper of the car.

2. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Behind the rear view mirror, the square (screen?) in the middle of the wide vent in the front bumper, and the proximity sensors on the front and rear bumpers.

They can remove, repaint then reinstall the front bumper cover no problem! I think any decent body shop can do it properly.

3. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

Doesn't hurt to get a quote for comparison from Excellence Auto, the only approved Tesla body shop in the GTA.