Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the Autopilot sensors placed on the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I scratched the front bumper of my car and i'm debating whether to take the car to a non-Tesla autoshop to repaint it. However, if they need to remove the front bumper, i'm hoping there isnt a ton of electronics in it to confuse the mechanic (ie. the autopilot hardware etc).

Does anyone know where the autopilot hardware is stored exactly on the car? I'm hoping its ultrasonic long range sensors arn't in the bumper of the car.

I scratched the front bumper of my car and i'm debating whether to take the car to a non-Tesla autoshop to repaint it. However, if they need to remove the front bumper, i'm hoping there isnt a ton of electronics in it to confuse the mechanic (ie. the autopilot hardware etc).

Does anyone know where the autopilot hardware is stored exactly on the car? I'm hoping its ultrasonic long range sensors arn't in the bumper of the car.
Behind the rear view mirror, the square (screen?) in the middle of the wide vent in the front bumper, and the proximity sensors on the front and rear bumpers.

They can remove, repaint then reinstall the front bumper cover no problem! I think any decent body shop can do it properly.