Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the cold weather controls in the new UI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about the S but on the 3 when you tap the bottom fan icon you get a window that has two tabs. One with a fan and one with a seat. If you press the seat you get the seat heater window. Assume it would also have steering wheel for you.
seatheat.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Xenius
Thanks - it is similar on the S. You press the Fan button and a screen comes up with two tabs - the fan icon and with three squiggly lines. Pushing the three squiggly lines takes to the screen for heated steering wheel and back seats.

Not intuitive at all and different from where it used to be.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenius and Vawlkus
California car engineers and designers = cold weather problems are an afterthought on these cars.

The heat is weak, the cars are drafty, non intuitive controls for the heat, steering racks that fall loose due to bolt corrosion, same thing with ground studs.

It's clear the cold weather testing team at tesla think San Francisco weather is cold.

Reactions: mrElbe and S'toon
Well they'd best fix it before the 3 starts to sell in the UK. We might not have the absolute coldest weather, but the damp gets in everything and makes both heat and cold very unpleasant. If heated seats and heater controls aren't easy to use, it won't last more than three weeks* before complaints.

*If we even get a solid 3 weeks of summer

California car engineers and designers = cold weather problems are an afterthought on these cars.

The heat is weak, the cars are drafty, non intuitive controls for the heat, steering racks that fall loose due to bolt corrosion, same thing with ground studs.

It's clear the cold weather testing team at tesla think San Francisco weather is cold.
Aye, also the putting the cold weather package into the "luxury" upgrades. To those of us in the north the cold weather package isn't a luxury.

You forgot the poor design of some of the sensor housings that are perfectly shaped to promote snow/slush/ice buildup.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
It was chilly this morning but I can't find where you turn on the heated steering wheel or back seat heaters. Can anyone help?

If it matters I have an AP1 Model S P85D

It is a mess to find the controls for sure, but I was happy that the heated steering wheel kicked on while pre-heating the car. Damn, I'm getting too used to being pampered.

Reactions: Vawlkus
It is a mess to find the controls for sure, but I was happy that the heated steering wheel kicked on while pre-heating the car. Damn, I'm getting too used to being pampered.

It always did if the wheel heater was left on when exiting.

My irritant is the climate control coming on every time and all functions being full auto or full manual. We used to be able to independently select which segments of the hvac were auto or manual.

Thanks - it is similar on the S. You press the Fan button and a screen comes up with two tabs - the fan icon and with three squiggly lines. Pushing the three squiggly lines takes to the screen for heated steering wheel and back seats.

Not intuitive at all and different from where it used to be.

In the manual it says it is a seat icon, but as you say it is three lines. Seems like a bug, since in the image provided by Lon12 it's an actual seat icon in the 3.