Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the door handles...? šŸ˜³

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see. How is that different from the phone key? It sounds like this is exactly what phone key does, without having to tap a button in the app.
Let me give you examples. You or your wife lost phone, phone glitched and didnā€™t work, dead battery on the phone. You can call your other half and ask them to remotely activate the car so they can make it home. Of course if you carry key card with you then you are all good.

Well, what's the point of the phone key that is supposed to open the car without starting the app if I still have to find my phone and use it as a flashlight...?

The handles did take some time getting used to for me but once I did, I actually never had a problem with them in daylight... but in the dark, that's another story. I guess they haven't tested opening the black color MY/M3 with the phone key in the dark.
I have a black M3, and this is totally not an issue.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Let me give you examples. You or your wife lost phone, phone glitched and didnā€™t work, dead battery on the phone. You can call your other half and ask them to remotely activate the car so they can make it home. Of course if you carry key card with you then you are all good.
Oh, that makes sense. Except for the part when my phone battery is dead... so I call my girlfriend to help me out šŸ¤Ŗ

Reminds me of the IT department instructions: If your email isn't working, send us an email at [email protected] and we will look into it.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
Oh, that makes sense. Except for the part when my phone battery is dead... so I call my girlfriend to help me out šŸ¤Ŗ

Reminds me of the IT department instructions: If your email isn't working, send us an email at [email protected] and we will look into it.
You ask someone if you can use their phone daaaa I think I start to understand why you have problem in the first placeā€¦.

Reactions: Arthur31
I have only had my black MY for 3 weeks, but every time I try to get into the car in a dark place at night, I find myself groping the side of the car for quite a while to find that perfectly level black handle on the black door... Grrr

Will I eventually develop muscle memory for where the handle is? It's so weird... if there isn't enough light around, trying to find that small exact spot to push on is quite a feat. Maybe Tesla should put some light in the frame of the handle that lights up when the phone key or key fob is detected...?
I so agree. It is way too dark and the door handles canā€™t be seen. GMC lit right up. Come on Tesla
John m