TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where are the Midnight Silvers at?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jlevy, Mar 19, 2018.

1. jlevy

jlevy Member

Particularly selfish post...I configured 2/15. Midnight Silver, aero, AEP. East Coast. Was quoted 3-6 weeks for delivery. No VIN yet.

Aside from one 68xx VIN I saw assigned a few days ago I cannot recall any significant run on Midnight silvers (or Aeros for that matter) for weeks.

What gives?

2. Wolverinegeoff

Quite a few of us midnight silvers that configured a couple weeks before you got VINs early March, so I’m sure you’re up soon! They seem to be rotating through the colors and sending out VINs in batches. You’re probably next big east coast batch once the quarter is up. Most of the late March VINs are going west coast for quick EOQ delivery.

• Like x 1
  3. kwest2

kwest2 Member

Once they stopped filling East Coast orders around 3/7 and shifted to West Coast, I don't think we can expect any movement for East Coast reservations, likely through the end of this week, regardless of color.

4. jlevy

jlevy Member

I figured that would happen. My only positive thought is they're targeting their 199,999th delivery for 3/31 to max out tax credits for all, which would be nice. Selfishly, though, hitting the refresh button on my reservation page for any movement is aging me.

5. HSLPMONEY

HSLPMONEY Member

2/21 Midnight/Aero/EAP Florida here , No VIN either, hoping this week.

6. toffty

toffty Member

Feb 22nd Midnight/Aero/EAP in Colorado. No VIN.

Patiently waiting
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Impatiently Waiting! :p

7. vernontwg

vernontwg Member

2/22 Midnight/Aero/No AP in Norcal, still no VIN!

8. arondaniel

arondaniel Il Sessanta Caricato

East Coast Midnight Silver. On a slow train from CA should be here by end of the month! Has a VIN. That is all.

Oh... ordered 2/25.

• Informative x 1
  9. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

feeling your pain, everyone. I had a really long wait for MSM + Aeros. Ordered Jan 29 and got VIN (68xx) last day of Feb. And it's been a 21-day wait for delivery (Dedham MA). Train ride across the country, and then car carrier from New Jersey. Overall 55 days from my order. I have 2 more days left to wait.

Hang in there. If it helps, think about parting with $50,000+.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  10. joefee

joefee Active Member

Hang in there.....Received my midnight silver M3 w/ aero's in December absolutely love it !

• Like x 1
  11. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I'll join the club too. East Coast non-owner that wasn't invited on 2/22 but desperately waiting to configure my midnight silver.

12. OoZManoO

OoZManoO Member

Same here...3/31 mar through may deliverable with no invite yet. NY resident. Hoping tomorrow or Thursday we get a batch invite!

13. Kentucky3

Kentucky3 Member

I came to terms, mentally, with the parting of $60k the day I configured (3/5). Since I reconciled that in my mind already, it makes the waiting all that more grueling.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. omar10r1

omar10r1 Member

I'm SO glad to see this thread. South Carolina previous owner, invite on 2/14, config on 2/19, Midnight Silver + Aero. No VIN at all yet....

I for sure thought I would have the car by end of Q1 as it's almost 6 weeks to the day from when I config'd....not so sure now.

Let's all continue to commiserate here, it sure beats refreshing our Tesla Accounts every 10 minutes.

15. HSLPMONEY

HSLPMONEY Member

Yeah I thought I'd have at least something by now. I sold both of my cars and am borrowing my friends bmw 428i which by the way is a terrible car. LOL

16. mcreston

mcreston Member

Just got a VIN!!!!

MSM/Sport/EAP/San Francisco
    2/28 - invite/config
    3/20 - vin #10905

• Like x 3
  17. savi

savi Member

#17 savi, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
    Same here!

MSM/Sport
    Fremont delivery

2/28 config
    03/21 VIN 108xx

18. vernontwg

vernontwg Member

Looks like the CA MSM/Sport are rolling in now, hopefully us MSM/Aero people will get them in the next couple days.

19. jlevy

jlevy Member

Yeah, still impatiently waiting. I expect at this point to get a VIN in the next week or so with a delivery in the very beginning of April (week 1 or 2).

20. everman

everman Member

You and me both!
    2/22 config
    MSM/Aero/EAP/FSD
    Colorado
    No VIN.....