Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the Midnight Silvers at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Particularly selfish post...I configured 2/15. Midnight Silver, aero, AEP. East Coast. Was quoted 3-6 weeks for delivery. No VIN yet.

Aside from one 68xx VIN I saw assigned a few days ago I cannot recall any significant run on Midnight silvers (or Aeros for that matter) for weeks.

What gives?

Particularly selfish post...I configured 2/15. Midnight Silver, aero, AEP. East Coast. Was quoted 3-6 weeks for delivery. No VIN yet.

Aside from one 68xx VIN I saw assigned a few days ago I cannot recall any significant run on Midnight silvers (or Aeros for that matter) for weeks.

What gives?
Quite a few of us midnight silvers that configured a couple weeks before you got VINs early March, so I’m sure you’re up soon! They seem to be rotating through the colors and sending out VINs in batches. You’re probably next big east coast batch once the quarter is up. Most of the late March VINs are going west coast for quick EOQ delivery.

Reactions: nvx1977
Once they stopped filling East Coast orders around 3/7 and shifted to West Coast, I don't think we can expect any movement for East Coast reservations, likely through the end of this week, regardless of color.

I figured that would happen. My only positive thought is they're targeting their 199,999th delivery for 3/31 to max out tax credits for all, which would be nice. Selfishly, though, hitting the refresh button on my reservation page for any movement is aging me.

feeling your pain, everyone. I had a really long wait for MSM + Aeros. Ordered Jan 29 and got VIN (68xx) last day of Feb. And it's been a 21-day wait for delivery (Dedham MA). Train ride across the country, and then car carrier from New Jersey. Overall 55 days from my order. I have 2 more days left to wait.

Hang in there. If it helps, think about parting with $50,000+.

I'm SO glad to see this thread. South Carolina previous owner, invite on 2/14, config on 2/19, Midnight Silver + Aero. No VIN at all yet....

I for sure thought I would have the car by end of Q1 as it's almost 6 weeks to the day from when I config'd....not so sure now.

Let's all continue to commiserate here, it sure beats refreshing our Tesla Accounts every 10 minutes.

I'm SO glad to see this thread. South Carolina previous owner, invite on 2/14, config on 2/19, Midnight Silver + Aero. No VIN at all yet....

I for sure thought I would have the car by end of Q1 as it's almost 6 weeks to the day from when I config'd....not so sure now.

Let's all continue to commiserate here, it sure beats refreshing our Tesla Accounts every 10 minutes.

Yeah I thought I'd have at least something by now. I sold both of my cars and am borrowing my friends bmw 428i which by the way is a terrible car. LOL