Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the Midnight Silvers at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think I should try to give Tesla a call. 4 weeks and 3 days since 2/19 config, no VIN yet.

*Edit/Update*

I called and, while the person didn't/couldn't reveal much, he at least confirmed everything is in order on my end. He did forward my information to the OA that will be handling things once I have a VIN just so he/she can put eyes on it. Maybe that will help...maybe not. Will share when I know more.

Last edited:
It seems us aero buyers have had no VINs assigned for a while now :/
Check the spreadsheet. VINs have started to get assgined (all CA/OR at this point) and the VIN Colors page shows three new VIN columns in the last two days.

Model 3 invites's data has all three ranges 102xx, 114xx, and 127xx being assigned in the last two days so that means roughly 300 MSM were recently manufactured and are getting assigned.

vin_colors-png.288337

Source: LV Acrobat - VIN Colors

The HUGE question is whether non-Ca/Or MSM aero orders will get filled or if we'll have to wait for the next cycle. I'm at 4 weeks since config so i hope we'll get one from this go

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: vernontwg
22 VINS in the last 2 days, 12 are aeros. Seems pretty even.
Check the spreadsheet. VINs have started to get assgined (all CA/OR at this point) and the VIN Colors page shows there was a whole bunch made over the last 2 days - roughly 300 MSM aero

Spreadsheet's data has all three ranges 102xx, 114xx, and 127xx being assigned in the last two days

vin_colors-png.288337

Well shoot, now I really have to follow up with Tesla, seems strange that I haven't gotten anything since I'm pretty close to the factory in Norcal

How did you know you got your VIN? Did Tesla email you, or did you just log in and see it under your reservation #?

Yes, I logged into my account and saw it -- no email. It replaces the reservation number. At first I wasn't sure what I was seeing. VINs from some manufacturers start with letters that look like the brand name (e.g. "WVW" for Volkswagen), but Tesla VINs start with "5YJ".