Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the PUP Winter Tire sets from Tesla?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I opted to spring for the PUP MY and live in the Northeast. We are at the point in the season where temps are below what is recommended to safely operate on the 21” performance tires and Tesla’s winter offerings are nowhere to be found.

This is beyond frustrating given they are such sticklers about using non-OEM parts (including wheels and tires). They obviously knew winter was coming and are not prepared to support their user base.

I can’t even buy a set of 19” or 20” rims from them which would accommodate a snow tire. I can only envision how furious I’m going to be when my existing tires crack or become unusable.

Get it together, Tesla.

Agreed. FWIW, I'd recommend calling your service center to get a quote for bare wheels and TPMS. We've purchased them this way in the past for our Model 3. Probably less expensive to buy takeoffs from someone on Ebay though. We heard a rumor from a service person that the winter wheel sets usually pop up in November. Seems annoyingly late, but here's to hoping they show up this week.

• Informative
Reactions: glide
Agreed. FWIW, I'd recommend calling your service center to get a quote for bare wheels and TPMS. We've purchased them this way in the past for our Model 3. Probably less expensive to buy takeoffs from someone on Ebay though. We heard a rumor from a service person that the winter wheel sets usually pop up in November. Seems annoyingly late, but here's to hoping they show up this week.
I set up a winter wheel swap service appointment through the app and expressed my concern.

Hopefully they can come through with something in the next 2 weeks.

Oh! That may be true. Correct me of I'm wrong, but @Tsportline seems to have a few offerings that are available, but maybe they're not in stock?

I pre-ordered a set of their new rims (TS5) that are said to be coming in November with the full tire/wheel package. Maybe give them a call or message to see?
They are all late Nov/late December deliveries from what I can see. And that’s if they are not inundated with orders.

Bottom line, Tesla needs to get their *sugar* together and support their customers.

Reactions: noshadow
I opted to spring for the PUP MY and live in the Northeast. We are at the point in the season where temps are below what is recommended to safely operate on the 21” performance tires and Tesla’s winter offerings are nowhere to be found.

This is beyond frustrating given they are such sticklers about using non-OEM parts (including wheels and tires). They obviously knew winter was coming and are not prepared to support their user base.

I can’t even buy a set of 19” or 20” rims from them which would accommodate a snow tire. I can only envision how furious I’m going to be when my existing tires crack or become unusable.

Get it together, Tesla.
You would almost get the feeling they’ve given up on the Model Y Performance. No new VIN’s, no winter tire packages......what next? Tesla canceling our orders?

tire rack will deliver to tesla service centers in a day or two and if you order a tesla oem approved tire the SC will mount and balance. I did that when tesla didn't have any more snow tires
That's great but there is one tiny problem with that plan. Tire rack does not sell any any snow tires that fit the 21" model Y rims. They also do not sell any all season tires that fit the 21" model Y rims.

Reactions: glide
use 19" rims. shldnt use 21 for winter anyway

Model Y 19" Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package
That is a good option now. But it didn't exist on Sunday/Monday when this conversation took place. It sounds like the OP even asked tesla if they could provide 19" rims and was told NO.

It is almost as if Tesla saw this tread and said: ohh yea, that is a problem. Now there is just the question of how long it will take Tesla to deliver. Winter tire season is already in progress for portions of the country.

Reactions: noshadow
Model Y: I'm in the process of getting Winter Tires (18x8 5-4.5 Boxer which will have 235/55R-18 Blizzak DM-V2 tire) with 18x8 5-4.5 Boxer wheels, I got the TPMS set from Tesla Seattle. Although I'm awaiting delivery of car ordered early summer.

Last edited: