Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the Tesla carriers headed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes when driving out of town from the Bay Area, I see loaded Tesla carriers (you know, the huge 18 wheelers that transport cars across the country) headed towards the Bay Area. I would expect most to be headed out of the Fremont area. Maybe it's an easy answer, but what gives?

How far away are we talking? It’s entirely possible they were shipped via rail to a hub and are now going to a final destination that’s in the general direction of the Bay Area but it was more convenient to ship via rail. For example if you were on I-5 out of LA and heading north and saw a carrier also going north, it might be going to a Tesla location in Bakersfield.

traveling NB on I-5 on Monday, we saw an armada of SB transports. End of quarter rush to fill orders? I imagine that some NB transports might be simply to move inventory to meet demand in other areas. I'm having a hard time picking out any Model Ys out of what looks like a bunch of Model 3s...

• Informative
Reactions: ceekz and JATinNH