Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are the Tesla Supercharger towers made ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've looked, half heartedly, to see if there's a thread that discusses the location of the supercharger tower build. I believe it's in Fremont but that's based on no knowledge. Seems like the under used GF2 in Buffalo would be the perfect place to off load that to. I also would be interested to know how the 250kW units work. Glycol cooling? Pumped? All the way to the back of the connector?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Didn't think about this until I saw this.

I second this question. Very curious indeed!

But how do you know they are made BY tesla and not a third party. Also who said it's in America?

I mainly care bc I promote tesla as an American company and this would add another whole aspect to its Americaness.

You lost me on the cooling part.... I don't care.

I've looked, half heartedly, to see if there's a thread that discusses the location of the supercharger tower build. I believe it's in Fremont but that's based on no knowledge. Seems like the under used GF2 in Buffalo would be the perfect place to off load that to. I also would be interested to know how the 250kW units work. Glycol cooling? Pumped? All the way to the back of the connector?

Design work is at HQ in Palo Alto and all SCs and post are manufactured and assembled at the Fremont Factory which resources for SCs are constrained at the end of each quarter. Kinda of a nightmare for the SC Team.

Design work is at HQ in Palo Alto and all SCs and post are manufactured and assembled at the Fremont Factory which resources for SCs are constrained at the end of each quarter. Kinda of a nightmare for the SC Team.
What makes you say Freemont? In May Electrek said Buffalo:

A Tesla spokeswoman said in a statement:
“In addition to scaling production of Solar Roof, Tesla is also diversifying its presence in Buffalo by manufacturing and assembling Supercharger and energy storage components at Gigafactory 2. We’re committed to investing in Buffalo and the state, and the new power electronic lines will deliver more high tech jobs while supporting Tesla’s energy storage products and global Supercharging infrastructure.”​

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
What makes you say Freemont? In May Electrek said Buffalo:

A Tesla spokeswoman said in a statement:
“In addition to scaling production of Solar Roof, Tesla is also diversifying its presence in Buffalo by manufacturing and assembling Supercharger and energy storage components at Gigafactory 2. We’re committed to investing in Buffalo and the state, and the new power electronic lines will deliver more high tech jobs while supporting Tesla’s energy storage products and global Supercharging infrastructure.”​

Experience...

Reactions: Krash
Though I forget which one, a thread on a current supercharger build had a picture posted of the shipping manifest showing that the supercharger gear was coming from Tesla's Buffalo factory now. So, I think it's likely accurate that at least some of the production has been moved there. If I remember which thread it was in, I'll post a copy of the picture here.