Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE ARE THE VINS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's such an exciting time for all Model 3 reservation holders, I can't believe how many people recently got invites and configured! It really makes me believe that they are ramping production, but that said, there haven't been any new VINs issued in quite a while it seems and the highest reported I believe remains ~8300. WHERE ARE THE VINS?

It's such an exciting time for all Model 3 reservation holders, I can't believe how many people recently got invites and configured! It really makes me believe that they are ramping production, but that said, there haven't been any new VINs issued in quite a while it seems and the highest reported I believe remains ~8300. WHERE ARE THE VINS?
Yes, And the last time Tesla registered a batch of VINs was the first part of February at about 11.300.

Yep, and I ordered pearl white on 2/15, so I am assuming I'm going to be waiting for the tail end of the production estimate knowing that they likely batch produce by color... but who knows. Maybe each time they start a new batch, they look at the combo with the most configurations and start there? Really no exact way to tell. Either way, it's been just over one week since I configured so I should be 2-5 weeks away.

No VINs have been assigned to anyone on the spreadsheet today. It looks most of the last batch to be assigned were red and pearl cars.

Theory: Pack assembly equipment has arrived from Germany and they temporarily stopped the line to install and qualify.

Discuss.

Possibly, but they said this in their 8-K filing:

The first-quarter 2,500-per-week target for Model 3s is not dependent on equipment installations, which are only factored into second-quarter rates, according to Tesla. The 2,500-per-week target for battery modules is likewise considered achievable with existing equipment.

Theory: Pack assembly equipment has arrived from Germany and they temporarily stopped the line to install and qualify.

Discuss.
Definitely seems like they stopped at around 8200, and those were assigned (and presumably built) starting early February and are already being delivered. Very strange! They also could've been hoarding a ton of batteries for a couple weeks to try and test the full line at a higher speed (e.g. 5k/wk) and see where the breakdowns occur.