Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I buy a Tesla Model 3 air filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,
Can anyone recommend where to buy the model 3 cabin air filter for me to replace it myself?
Also, I haven't been able to find a replacement schedule. Do you know how often I should change it? Will the car give me an alert when to do it?
Thanks,
Igor.

Reactions: UTMB
Replacement schedule is supposed to be every 2 years, except China where it is every 1 year. (Both figures are according to the new do-it-yourself FAQ).

I would suspect that you have to get the filters directly from Tesla since they are a proprietary size and shape.
holy crap that has to be the most involved process for replacing a cabin filter. i need to get some of those clip removal tools, that's for damned sure.

Since few people have owned a Model 3 for 2 full years this hasn’t been a high demand item. This one might be an option for you on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/WJM-Filter-Replacement-Activated-Compatible/dp/B07TZ5B9TQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=37XZWB9PYGW6O&keywords=tesla+model+3+cabin+air+filter&qid=1566960351&s=gateway&sprefix=Tesla+air+cabin+filter,aps,207&sr=8-3#customerReviews

It looks new since there is only one review. And it’s not in stock so it may be a new product.

Many more 3 reviews now...consensus is they fit perfect, come from China and are a bit flimsy but work great.

https://www.amazon.com/WJM-Filter-R...r,aps,207&sr=8-3customerReviews&tag=tmc064-20

holy crap that has to be the most involved process for replacing a cabin filter. i need to get some of those clip removal tools, that's for damned sure.

This is freaking ridiculous. Tools should NOT be required to replace an air filter. My Toyota’s just required pinching a couple pieces of plastic behind the glove box. I could have them out in about 15 seconds with zero worries of damaging anything or causing rattles.

ugh... Designed in California. :)

(I make that joke all the time since folks down there don’t know what it is like to live somewhere cold or somewhere wet or apparently somewhere that you do work on your car yourself or just in general)

You should ask for the spec sheet on those showing that they are actually HEPA. Those filters actually come from evtuning.com. The site used to list specs that did not support their HEPA claim. I called them on it. They eventually changed their statements on the website to be in line with the HEPA standard but when I asked about it they said the previous numbers were a "typo". The discrepancy was more than a reasonable typo. I asked for the data sheet for the filter material but they have thus far ignored me.

I take a HEPA claim very seriously because people think differently when they hear "HEPA" and they might not be getting what they are paying a premium for. I will buy those filters if they can prove their claim with the data sheet for the filter material. Till then I will continue to warn people about the possibility that these may not be HEPA(based on past statements and actions by evtuning.com).

You should ask for the spec sheet on those showing that they are actually HEPA. Those filters actually come from evtuning.com. The site used to list specs that did not support their HEPA claim. I called them on it. They eventually changed their statements on the website to be in line with the HEPA standard but when I asked about it they said the previous numbers were a "typo". The discrepancy was more than a reasonable typo. I asked for the data sheet for the filter material but they have thus far ignored me.

I take a HEPA claim very seriously because people think differently when they hear "HEPA" and they might not be getting what they are paying a premium for. I will buy those filters if they can prove their claim with the data sheet for the filter material. Till then I will continue to warn people about the possibility that these may not be HEPA(based on past statements and actions by evtuning.com).

It’s clearly not a HEPA filter. Here is the statement from their website:

Air Filtration up to PM2.5 95% and PM0.3 99.97%

As soon as a filter uses the term “up to” it is clearly not HEPA. The term up to means it could be anything from 0% to 99.97%. That is not much of a commitment.

I would just go with the OEM filters. They are reasonably priced and do a decent job.