Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I buy a Tesla Model 3 air filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s clearly not a HEPA filter. Here is the statement from their website:

Air Filtration up to PM2.5 95% and PM0.3 99.97%

As soon as a filter uses the term “up to” it is clearly not HEPA. The term up to means it could be anything from 0% to 99.97%. That is not much of a commitment.

I would just go with the OEM filters. They are reasonably priced and do a decent job.

Haha, Now they will probably change that on the page and again claim "typo". I had a conversation with the Abstract Ocean guys that just started reselling them and they had no desire to actually verify that what THEY are now claiming to be HEPA filters are actually HEPA. They told me they are not going to look into it.

Haha, Now they will probably change that on the page and again claim "typo". I had a conversation with the Abstract Ocean guys that just started reselling them and they had no desire to actually verify that what THEY are now claiming to be HEPA filters are actually HEPA. They told me they are not going to look into it.

The guy in the video runs a test using an air quality monitor and gets some good results so it’s theoretically possible that the material they are buying from 3M is HEPA grade and the company just doesn’t know how to explain it correctly. But I wouldn’t personally spend $100 on these filters without having a lot more evidence that they really perform any better than the OEM filters. I’m skeptical that the small amount of charcoal on the filter will provide any measurable benefit either.

The guy in the video runs a test using an air quality monitor and gets some good results so it’s theoretically possible that the material they are buying from 3M is HEPA grade and the company just doesn’t know how to explain it correctly. But I wouldn’t personally spend $100 on these filters without having a lot more evidence that they really perform any better than the OEM filters. I’m skeptical that the small amount of charcoal on the filter will provide any measurable benefit either.

3M has datasheets for their products, so we could look it up if they even gave me the product line information from what they are selling.

The video from teslaraj? That is literally the worst test I've seen and it doesnt show anything. He should have lit up a cigarette or introduced some other smoke to see how fast it filtered it compared to stock.

Mine are a year+ old now; so, I'm also thinking about changing mine although I'll probably wait until it's not so frakking cold outside. The procedure looks annoying, but it was annoying on the Mercury Sable that my 3 replaced. The big annoyance is having to remove trim panels.

Don't buy the HEPA one. They're crap fitting. Super tight/snug and the pull tab is super flimsy. It broke easily when I tried to wiggle around to get it in position. It took me a while to get it out with the pull tab broken.

I would stick to OEM or OEM-like size and just change them more often. Not a hard job so I rather get one that's easy to install/remove than spending time installing/removing.

I’m considering trying the hepa since it has more charcoal in it. In hopes it would help with “scent’o ICE” that so many of the poor running engines of south Texas produce.
There’s the amazon “hepa” and the more expensive “hepa”.

Don't buy the HEPA one. They're crap fitting. Super tight/snug and the pull tab is super flimsy. It broke easily when I tried to wiggle around to get it in position. It took me a while to get it out with the pull tab broken.

I would stick to OEM or OEM-like size and just change them more often. Not a hard job so I rather get one that's easy to install/remove than spending time installing/removing.

Plus the fact that the company cant get their story straight about the actual specification, nor will provide any evidence that the filters ACTUALLY meet HEPA spec.

TIL "Note: Sold individually, two required."

Instructions here, with animated GIF

replace-cabin-air-filter.gif