Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I buy/rent snow chains for an X with 20 in wheels in San Diego? Need by the weekend.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can try Amazon. I purchased an AutoSock, which is tire chain alternative, in beginning of year for trip to Mammoth, and it was fine. I mainly purchased in case of snow chain check points. If you have prime, you should hopefully be able to get it before weekend.

Hope that helps!

You can try Amazon. I purchased an AutoSock, which is tire chain alternative, in beginning of year for trip to Mammoth, and it was fine. I mainly purchased in case of snow chain check points. If you have prime, you should hopefully be able to get it before weekend.

Hope that helps!
Did you actually use the Autosock? I'm considering it to meet the "must carry chains" requirement and the consensus seems to be that it works, but doesn't last long.

Thanks all! Ended up getting the auto socks. It's primarily for the must carry requirements. If the snow is that bad, I probably won't go.

I got these over 2.5 years ago for our MX 20" tires based on the reviews on this forum:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HZFDQE/

I put them on once at home to make sure they fit, and never had to used them. I just have them in the car when we go up the mountain in case it is needed.

Where are you going that has snow? Today it is 91 degree here just 40 miles south of Big Bear Mountain LOL. Although this weekend there will be storm here.. and temperature will drop 40 degree to high of 50! Crazy weather.

Where are you going that has snow? Today it is 91 degree here just 40 miles south of Big Bear Mountain LOL. Although this weekend there will be storm here.. and temperature will drop 40 degree to high of 50! Crazy weather.

Big Bear of course! It's going to snow and have a high of 32F this weekend. Completely crazy. I don't expect to need them, but wanted something in case I run into chain restrictions.

Reactions: Need