Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I find this key fob cover???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

samori01

MYLR5 | Blk/Blk | 20 | TOW/No FSD | XPEL Stealth
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2015
Nashville, TN
I, like many, have been in search of the perfect key fob holder for my Tesla key. I have the Tesla Maumee key fob sleeve, and it is ok. The abstract oceean ones seem to be good, but it didn't make me want to rush and change. I have always wanted something that covers the key (I know some feel it doesn't need to be covered, I still think coins might cause scratches). Then I happened to see this. It looks like this is something Tesla produced. If that is the case I do not know why they stopped. Is there anyone who has seen these, and more importantly where I might get one.

Attachments

• IMG_8485.PNG
    IMG_8485.PNG
    333.2 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_8486.PNG
    IMG_8486.PNG
    277.7 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_8487.PNG
    IMG_8487.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 671
  • IMG_8488.PNG
    IMG_8488.PNG
    329 KB · Views: 679
I got my car in October of 2016 and this is the first I have ever seen of it. I feel cheated. Ha
I am going to have my tires rotated tomorrow, I will be asking about getting one. I am surprised they aren't selling them (or are they)?

Oh oops...sorry about that..
Yes, 2015, not 2016, although the delivery experience was such that I would not mind taking it again. Just wouldn't want to give up my car for that long.

These are the new fob holders provided by Tesla if I'm not mistaken. Where did you see it?
Sorry for the delay...I saw it on eBay, some guy is selling the cover and key fob as a "collector's item". Says it will be incentive for someone to get a the car/SUV. He does state that it will not work on anyone's car though.
I asked him, before you all informed me that its new, if he would sell just the cover, he said he would, for $100.
I thought that was funny. Became even funnier after you all replied to my original post.

Doing more looking, I see now, I just haven't been paying attention. Someone posted the new holder over an abstract ocean silcon one...I may try this..is it overkill? Perhaps...but it is a Tesla so why not?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 655
  • Funny
Reactions: ModelX
Beware of this key fob holder, after 3 weeks the. Black metal ring ripped off from the black rubber silicone holder and I lost my key fob. If you use it, please occasionally check the area where the ring attaches to the rubber.
Are you kidding?

You only had your key cover for 3 weeks? And had to buy a car to get it. That's disappointing.

Now what?

Hey listen - now that you don't have any use for the car...I can take it off your hands for you.