TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where can I find this key fob cover???

Discussion in 'Model S' started by samori01, Sep 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. samori01

samori01 Member

I, like many, have been in search of the perfect key fob holder for my Tesla key. I have the Tesla Maumee key fob sleeve, and it is ok. The abstract oceean ones seem to be good, but it didn't make me want to rush and change. I have always wanted something that covers the key (I know some feel it doesn't need to be covered, I still think coins might cause scratches). Then I happened to see this. It looks like this is something Tesla produced. If that is the case I do not know why they stopped. Is there anyone who has seen these, and more importantly where I might get one.

Attached Files:

2. icdevin

icdevin Member

These are the new fob holders provided by Tesla if I'm not mistaken. Where did you see it?

3. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I asked for one the last time I was at my service center. They had one left and gave it to me.

4. Shuasha

Shuasha Member

Those are what they gave me when I took delivery last week.

5. decrypt

decrypt Member

Tesla began providing them in June 2016.

6. samori01

samori01 Member

I got my car in October of 2016 and this is the first I have ever seen of it. I feel cheated. Ha
    I am going to have my tires rotated tomorrow, I will be asking about getting one. I am surprised they aren't selling them (or are they)?

7. John5396

John5396 Member

I'm sure when your car arrives next month you will get the new fob holder......

Oh, you mean 2015.....

Never Mind

8. samori01

samori01 Member

Oh oops...sorry about that..
    Yes, 2015, not 2016, although the delivery experience was such that I would not mind taking it again. Just wouldn't want to give up my car for that long.

9. Shuasha

Shuasha Member

It's just a rubber or silicone band with a keyring on it. It doesn't protect the sides of the key at all.

10. Mbenz528i

Mbenz528i Member

Looks pretty sweet. I will ask for them when I take delivery for sure.

11. samori01

samori01 Member

I think Mbenz528i has captured my feelings exactly...it just looks sweet.

12. samori01

samori01 Member

Sorry for the delay...I saw it on eBay, some guy is selling the cover and key fob as a "collector's item". Says it will be incentive for someone to get a the car/SUV. He does state that it will not work on anyone's car though.
    I asked him, before you all informed me that its new, if he would sell just the cover, he said he would, for $100.
    I thought that was funny. Became even funnier after you all replied to my original post.

13. samori01

samori01 Member

Doing more looking, I see now, I just haven't been paying attention. Someone posted the new holder over an abstract ocean silcon one...I may try this..is it overkill? Perhaps...but it is a Tesla so why not?

Attached Files:

• Funny x 1
  14. thinklabinc

thinklabinc Member

I picked up my model s a couple of months ago, at the end of June, and those are the exact key fobs Tesla provided.

15. new_user

new_user EFF OIL/MD

see previous post....and with caution about the silicon link breaking from another user.

My local service center just gave me one. travelled to the tesla store and I got the leather garage.

16. thinklabinc

thinklabinc Member

Thanks for the heads up, will do.

17. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

#17 Garlan Garner, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    You can buy a car. They will probably give you the cover with it.

18. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Beware of this key fob holder, after 3 weeks the. Black metal ring ripped off from the black rubber silicone holder and I lost my key fob. If you use it, please occasionally check the area where the ring attaches to the rubber.

19. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Are you kidding?

You only had your key cover for 3 weeks? And had to buy a car to get it. That's disappointing.

Now what?

Hey listen - now that you don't have any use for the car...I can take it off your hands for you.

20. K Hall

K Hall Member

They do provide with the car