Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I see a Model X now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have also heard that there is a mockup with styrofoam interior at the design center in Hawthorne, CA.
I think there's a clay model there also, but probably not worth the trip to see it (doesn't show you much that pictures won't show). Both are pictured below:

0000020412-X3-Clay-Model.jpg

However, the one with the full interior is probably worth it to see. As I said, a quick call to the Palo Alto store should suffice to see where it is at this point.

Many thanks to rbt3 for the info on where to see a Model X down in Hawthorne. Based on your info, we took a chance and drove the hour and a half down to the Hawthorne, CA supercharger, and there it was in the waiting room. It was truly thrilling to be able to see it up close and in person! Even though you can not touch it, is is really great to be able to walk around it and look inside. Well worth the trip. I would think that corporate Tesla would make this info more available to the 7000+ of us that have put down hefty deposits on a car that, until now, we had never seen.
IMG_5471.JPG

View attachment 39335Here's another one for you. Same car (I think), it gets around a lot.

I can't believe I haven't noticed before how the windshield glass continues up and back, seamlessly to the wing doors. Probably didn't register w me because every time I see the thing the doors are up! Beautiful! & the falcon wings are glass on top too!

View attachment 39335Here's another one for you. Same car (I think), it gets around a lot.

I can't believe I haven't noticed before how the windshield glass continues up and back, seamlessly to the wing doors. Probably didn't register w me because every time I see the thing the doors are up! Beautiful! & the falcon wings are glass on top too!

I doubt that is a production feature (the seamless roof/windshield). It looks great, but seems terribly impractical.

I doubt that is a production feature (the seamless roof/windshield). It looks great, but seems terribly impractical.

Disappointing, & probably true. My truck is on its 3rd windshield. Cheap, mass produced aftermarket stuff, not so on a Tesla, I guess. Model S pano roof - all glass, front to back, but it's 4 separate pieces , right?

To get to the Hawthorne supercharger, take the Crenshaw Blvd exit off of the 105, and go south on Crenshaw. You will quickly pass the huge SpaceX building at 1 Rocket Rd. Go just past the SpaceX building and take a right (west) onto Jack Northrop Ave. Go down a couple of driveways, and you will see a small sign that says "Tesla" pointing into a back parking lot area. Turn in there and go back a ways and you will see the tall supercharger sign and six charging stations in the attached picture. The Model X is in the waiting area next to the supercharger. BTW, I was impressed at how busy this SC station was. The whole time we were there, there were six Teslas charging, and several more waiting to charge.

IMG_5455.jpg
This is also Tesla's design studio, which is right next to the SpaceX building. Hope this helps, and hope you enjoy seeing the Model X as much as we did.

Disappointing, & probably true. My truck is on its 3rd windshield. Cheap, mass produced aftermarket stuff, not so on a Tesla, I guess. Model S pano roof - all glass, front to back, but it's 4 separate pieces , right?

Yes, although the panel between the windshield and the front (moving) panel of the sunroof may not be glass. I would have to look closer.

Waw - the reflections on clean glass in that picture had me squinting to get the perspective; makes it look like the falcon doors extend all the way to the windshield, and that the glass continues via the "middle", and that then there is a glass thingie under the door, which my brain rejected. Coffee is in order. Happy new year to all. Exciting times ahead in the Model X forum.