Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can I take delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model s is in transit (very happy).
When I ordered my model s I called customer service to specifically ask how does it work to pick up the car and if I could pick it up in Toronto (closest store to my home).
He CS agent told me they would deliver the car to my home as I'm far away from the NY store (500 miles).

Now the New York DS told me I've to go to the store to pick up the car. im not very happy as it is a 5.5 hrs drive and honestly I don't know how to get there and come back with two cars.

How ow does that work? Do they deliver or not? What's the rule?

For my car, I was told they would deliver it to Raleigh, NC (the closest service center that can do deliveries) or deliver to my house b/c I great than X miles from the service center. I forget what X is. That said, if Charlotte, NC was offering delivery pick ups, I would have had to pick it up there. My house from Raleigh is 200 miles, so X must be less than 200, but greater than 10.

Could perhaps Tesla be saying (now) that they won't cross the border to deliver a US-spec car? In that case, they could hopefully deliver it closer to your house in the US than the NY store 500 miles away.

For my car, I was told they would deliver it to Raleigh, NC (the closest service center that can do deliveries) or deliver to my house b/c I great than X miles from the service center. I forget what X is. That said, if Charlotte, NC was offering delivery pick ups, I would have had to pick it up there. My house from Raleigh is 200 miles, so X must be less than 200, but greater than 10.

Could perhaps Tesla be saying (now) that they won't cross the border to deliver a US-spec car? In that case, they could hopefully deliver it closer to your house in the US than the NY store 500 miles away.

X = 160, or so I was told by my DS. I would prefer not to drive to Raleigh to pick mine up later this month, but I'm willing to.

They delivered on flatbed to my friend's house down the road because my mountain road is not truck friendly. It could not have been easier. And they were early.

One hint for you: Check the paint finish thoroughly and take pictures. Mine was trashed with cosmetic blemishes in several places. I had already scheduled a full polish/coating for the next day, so it was not an issue for me. It did cost me 500.00 more and I got Tesla to credit me back for it, which I thought was awesome that they would do that.

I live in Rochester and am waiting for my P85d to arrive in June. I was assigned Cleveland but talked to my DS and since we are more than 150 miles home delivery was a no cost option. Also I can't get to Rochester from Cleveland on the SC network right now so that wouldn't be a good delivery experience.

No idea why you'd be assigned the NYC area service center as its 6 hours away. I think people who havent been to upstate NY think that we are close to the city for some reason. Toronto is closer but it's another country so that would make transfer of ownership too complicated. So i understand why thats not viable.

This is all with a grain of salt since I haven't received the car yet and it's subject to change I'm sure.

I'll be sure to look for your car around town. Only have seen 1 here.

I live in Rochester and am waiting for my P85d to arrive in June. I was assigned Cleveland but talked to my DS and since we are more than 150 miles home delivery was a no cost option. Also I can't get to Rochester from Cleveland on the SC network right now so that wouldn't be a good delivery experience.

No idea why you'd be assigned the NYC area service center as its 6 hours away. I think people who havent been to upstate NY think that we are close to the city for some reason. Toronto is closer but it's another country so that would make transfer of ownership too complicated. So i understand why thats not viable.

This is all with a grain of salt since I haven't received the car yet and it's subject to change I'm sure.

I'll be sure to look for your car around town. Only have seen 1 here.

Yes there is just a couple of them. I've seen a P85, an 85D I look forward to see your P85D.
I'm taking delivery of a 70D.

The DS just called me and they will deliver the car here to Pittsford at no cost. Great!