TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where can I upgrade seats from Black to White leather?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Brandon332, May 20, 2018.

1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Does anyone know where we can re-upholster the black leather seats in a Model 3 to ultra white leather? I saw someone post a while back about how they already had white leather installed aftermarket, but I can't find it now. I live in Boston but wouldn't mind driving like 6-10 hours if the work is good enough!

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

T Sportsline, but not sure how they handle East Coast customers

3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

T Sportline has approved authorized installers around the country to install the seats. You need to call them before purchasing to determine the installer.

• Like x 1
  4. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Thank you both. Has anyone performed the Ultra White Tsportline interior upgrade for the Model 3? How is the quality of it/does it wear quickly?

5. Shygar

Shygar Member

Any auto upholstery place in theory should be able to do it. As long as you can get that ultra white fabric.

6. oneshortguy

oneshortguy Member

T Sportline's products tend to do just as well, if not better, than Tesla factory quality.

Here's what they offer for now:

Tesla Model 3 Seat Upgrade Kit

tesla-model-3-seat-upgrade-interior-kit-ultra-white-black-suede-front-wm.jpg tesla-model-3-signature-diamond-quilt-leather-interior-upgrade-wm-uber-ultra-white-front.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  7. Seven7

Seven7 Member

Agreed, A good upholstery shop can work miracles on a car interior. I've seen repossessed cars that had their interiors destroyed by their former owners come out looking as good as a factory new interior. Make sure you use a shop that doesn't demand a deposit before work begins.

8. N5329K

N5329K Active Member

Go watch the recent "Like Tesla" episodes on You Tube. She is doing exactly what you're hoping to do.
    Robin

• Like x 1
  9. scrapps

scrapps Member

Something’s up with her videos. She had one from a week ago showing them dropping off the car to get the seats covers installed. But in her most recent video showing the car being wrapped it has the original seats. Will ask and see what’s up as I’m curious now.

10. Point 3

Point 3 Member

I think the newer seats were cut slightly different than the replacements she got and they had to be reordered

11. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Yes, "seat gate" :). There is a whole thread about the changes in the seats. The changes were very subtle, but enough for the seat replacements not fit. I believe Like Tesla also did a video about it.

12. drawfour

drawfour Member

Yes, Kim (LikeTesla) did a video about the seats. She showed the differences between version 1 and version 2 of the seats.

13. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

Can someone who actually owns seats from t-sportline comment on the actual quality of the material? I noticed that in a lot of the pictures, the corner portion of the material seems to be wrinkled up. My concern is having brand new oem seats from tesla be torn apart for possible mediocore material. I would love to get the red though. Also I question the durability. I can't seem to find any reviews at all, just people on the forum making comments on them (they could be people working at the company)

14. logan

logan Member

#14 logan, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Not a direct comparison obviously but here was my experience... I had my steering wheel wrapped in alcantara by “T-Sportline”. In actuality they didn’t do this in house but instead drove the car down the street to an automotive upholstery shop (shoutout to the mobile app). The alcantara has held up terribly and one of the stitches came undone. I have multiple vehicle with alcantara wrapped steering wheels and have never had one hold up so poorly.

Also, anyone who doesnt think that oneshortguy is a T-Sportline employee is just fooling themselves. How do mods not see this stuff? Oy vey.

15. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

Thanks for confirming. Someone had posted pictures of the red T-sportsline interior and had posted it on facebook. The quality looked terrible! Even other people had commented on the upholstery that it was done very bad. Wrinkles were everywhere. I was planning on doing the white with red interior but I think I'm going to go with red and just staying with factory seats.

• Like x 1
  16. logan

logan Member

Also this: Model S Photo Gallery

17. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

I saw some pics of a customer's tsportline white seats and they looked horrible. From a quick glace it looked nice but if you actually look you could see all the flaws.

18. TrentC

TrentC Member

I upgraded the seats on my RWD to white using the TSportline ultra white kit. They have several versions, I used the OEM look, second generation M3 style. It looks perfect. The quality of the kit, fit and finish, and materials is execellent.

It changed my car from nice to wow.

*note the door inserts were NOT part of the kit and installed bespoke. I did order the matching uber white material from t sportline so it would match.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  19. osubuckeyes88

osubuckeyes88 Member

Wow they did a great job.

• Like x 1
  20. Point 3

Point 3 Member

Wow they look great.

Are they much cooler than the black in the heat?
    Do you know if they are actually made by Katzkins?

Also what color is your car, can we get a shot from outside looking in?