Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where can you report a glitch in EAP? / 1st Drive on Pickup AP 85% of the way Home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model S P100D on Friday June 1st.
I was trying out EAP most of the way. Right at the beginning of using it after the Auto Calibration (probably within the 1st 10 minutes) it hit the brakes hard, a Semi was in front of me but too far to be what it saw. I saw a Car icon show up in red and then disappear on the display, I assume this is what it was braking for. I hit the gas as fast as I could and no harm as my Wife was following at a Safe Distance.

My Car was delivered with 2018.20.5 0e38763
Is there a place to report this glitch so they can analyze the data?

Outside of that I used it a ton on Freeways from Tesla in Ohio to my Home that I'm moving from Wednesday, in Michigan.
I also used it on many regular streets and in some stop and go traffic. It works quite well and I found nags to be minimal by just holding the wheel. Just wish I could have it change lanes on the regular streets, but I'm sure that's "coming" probably the requisite 3 months, maybe 6 Months...

Interpreting radar is hard, small round/concave objects can bounce back signals looking as if they are giant. So it is hard to tell what may have caused it. Currently it seems the only way to even flag it is to use the "bug report" voice command followed by what the problem is. ie: "bug report on autopilot my car slammed on the brakes" .

For my part, besides always paying attention to what the car is doing, I actually find I tend to keep my foot near the gas to override the car if it starts to slow for no reason.

But most importantly understand the system isn't perfect, and pay attention to what it is doing, even more so in challenging situations / local roads.

Matt

Phantom braking. They are working on it. I think the newer radar does it a lot more. I haven't had an instance in a year.

Have some of this with the 2.5 hardware as well. It's scary.

I've also noted that there is a spot on my local highway that runs directly next to a normal street and for some reason the speed limit data briefly flips to 25mph on the *highway" which seems to cause the car to suddenly want to decelerate. This is also very scary.

Had no idea about reporting via the voice command. Thanks.