Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where da gas go????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla gas.jpg

I cant figure out where da gas goes? Can someone help me? Been wanting to do this before I got the car. Thought it was funny! :biggrin:

Are you serious? You can't pump your own gas? What the hell was the logic behind this law?

My guess is same reason many things still exist: jobs. When industries progress, people lose jobs. They obviously had a strong enough lobby in New Jersey to keep this from happening but still nuts.

Anyway, awesome picture. I actually took this exact picture the day I got my Roadster so love the concept. It is cool driving up to a gas station just for a photo op.

My guess is same reason many things still exist: jobs. When industries progress, people lose jobs. They obviously had a strong enough lobby in New Jersey to keep this from happening but still nuts.

Oregon used to require this too, although I don't know if they still do. Finding an open facility at 4 am to fill your rental car before a 6 am flight is rather fun. One of the reasons they proposed this was ensuring that only trained individuals dispensed gas to minimize environmental impact as well, although I suspect jobs were a reason for this too.

...from a former full-service gas station operator... :)

My guess is same reason many things still exist: jobs. When industries progress, people lose jobs. They obviously had a strong enough lobby in New Jersey to keep this from happening but still nuts..

As most of the gas pump jobs are filled by high school kids (as far as I know, never been to NJ, but when all pumps were full service, that's what happened) there's something to be said about having a number of starter jobs that keep the kids out of trouble. The problem is that it's hard to be open overnight.

Yup, Oregon still forbids you from filling your own tank.

Funny thing, our gas prices are still decent - I think $3.23/gal for regular or something close today...

As far as rationale, who wants to pump gas in the rain?

Yup, Oregon still forbids you from filling your own tank.

Funny thing, our gas prices are still decent - I think $3.23/gal for regular or something close today...

As far as rationale, who wants to pump gas in the rain?

its mainly an environmental decision, but lately has had an impact on gas-and-dash run offs, people tend to be more civil when someone has made eye to eye contact.