TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Where did the DRL option go on MS2?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by yeti, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. yeti

yeti Member

Didn't get much help on the Tesla Motors forum, so re-posting the question here. Apologies to those who have already seen it there.

I have a MS version 2 (in NY) and noticed today that the DRLs do not come on. The manual says there should be an option for DRL in the lights settings, but that window only has options for the dome lights and the headlights (which are set to auto). I did notice the DRLs come on when driving into the garage or when the car presents the door handles, but goes off after closing the door.

2. Cowby

Cowby Member

it's defective....take it in for service....mine's doing that as well in addition to the fog lights.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

On The Model X, they decided to have the DRL come on only when Range Mode was disabled. There is also, no DRL button on the Model X. I've complained about it, but you know how that goes. Try turning Range Mode off and see if the DRLs come on.

4. Blue_Model_S

Blue_Model_S Member

If you haven't already tried rebooting the center console, try that (by holding both scroll wheels down for a few seconds).

5. yeti

yeti Member

Thank you all. I will try these out as soon as I get back from my trip.

6. green1

green1 Active Member

There was also a case in the past of a car in the us with the Canadian firmware. In that case DRL could not be turned off.

7. Julesp313

Julesp313 Member

Not sure if this link will work, but there's a lively discussion ongoing:

Daytime Running Lights (LEDs)?

And I reached out to Tesla directly so their response is in that thread...