Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did the "fold mirrors when doors are locked" selection go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At one point there was a selection to have the mirrors autofold whenever the car was locked. I'm on 2021.44.30.21 now and can't find it anywhere. All I can find is the Fold Mirrors command which then asks if I want it to be linked to my current location. That's not bad, but I want what it used to do, fold the mirrors any time it is locked (that choice had the option to opt out at work or at home IIRC). I used the option mainly so I could tell the car was locked at a glance.

Did I miss something?

Reactions: HellsKitchen
At one point there was a selection to have the mirrors autofold whenever the car was locked. I'm on 2021.44.30.21 now and can't find it anywhere. All I can find is the Fold Mirrors command which then asks if I want it to be linked to my current location. That's not bad, but I want what it used to do, fold the mirrors any time it is locked (that choice had the option to opt out at work or at home IIRC). I used the option mainly so I could tell the car was locked at a glance.

Did I miss something?
Is that not under the "Mirrors" adjustment section from the main “Driver" menu? Where you adjust your mirrors for the driver profile. Something like “auto-fold".

Is that not under the "Mirrors" adjustment section from the main “Driver" menu? Where you adjust your mirrors for the driver profile. Something like “auto-fold".
No, just fold/unfold, but when you fold it asks if you want to save that location. Not too helpful for me since I want them to fold everywhere but my home. I’ll look again just in case it has moved (couldn’t find it under Lock, either).

From the latest online manual: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 7.36.36 PM.png

Reactions: SWIPE