Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did They Move the FSD Beta Video Event Recorder on Refreshed Model S, ver 10.69.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have a 2021+ Model S. Have been in the FSD Beta program from the start (feel free to ask me how I did that). I recently upgraded to 10.69.3? (2022.36.20). I can no longer find the FSD Beta event record button on the UI or the controls sub-menu. Has the FSD Beta event record button moved on the new MS with 2022.36.20 and where is it?

Thank you Grabthar. There were a number of perspectives reflected in the replies to the Twitter feed. I tend to recall that Tesla recently claimed they reduced the manhours required to assess the clips to a minimal amount through the use of their supercomputer and AI algorithms. I have had a discussion or two with the service team related to some safety related issues I suspect are degrading my collision avoidance system that I will eventually pay for somewhere down the road before or after my warranty runs out. I suspected there were communication problems related to processor faults, wire harness issues, overloaded processors, etc. They initially acknowledged the communication errors when they reviewed the logs. As we talked about how the issues would be resolved their senior technician indicated the junior technician misinterpreted the logs and if there was a serious problem a code would have been flagged in the vehicle's notification display. From there their assessment evolved to a firmware issue to there were no errors. In the end I concluded my initial assessment was valid and there were communication errors they couldn't accommodate with firmware. With respect to why they removed the option to record the clips my initial assessment was (when I was searching for the clip icon) that it was a liability issue. If there were manually recorded errors they could be ordered to release all or a portion of the clips. If it were me and all the events that were required to evolve the system were automatically logged I would have left the button in and used the number of manual triggers and the clips to gauge overall customer sentiment and identify issues which otherwise would have gone undetected..

Upvote 0