Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did this ding in my rocker panel come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this ding on the rocker panel under the driver’s door. It’s accompanied by a few tiny chips in the paint (but no serious scratches).

Anyone got any idea where this could have come from? I just had the car in service (at Tesla) for HW3 and I’m fairly sure it wasn’t there before that and wasn’t spotted in the walkaround.

Got an appointment with a PDR guy on Monday to try glue pulling on it. Hope that works...

Attachments

• E201495E-A40F-4FDF-A0D7-79611D34577D.jpeg
    E201495E-A40F-4FDF-A0D7-79611D34577D.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 82C1F33F-BE63-465C-9F12-5C2BD97B7E16.jpeg
    82C1F33F-BE63-465C-9F12-5C2BD97B7E16.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 145
Hard to see how that could have happened from a rock. I'll bet someone had a mishap bumping into something and didn't fess up.

I also recommend mud flaps.

View attachment 514313

Yeah I don’t think it’s a rock as it’s not really chipped much on the area of the dent.

I definitely didn’t bump anything and it’s hard to see how a car hitting it could have caused that, so I wonder if it was something in the service center.

could it be from jacking the car up?

Update: my PDR guy was able to get it pretty much good as new in 15min using a glue pulling system.

Found a suspect Sentry video where a truck pulls up next to me and the guy looks back at my car several times as he walks away (unfortunately the actual rocker panel there is a blind spot for Sentry). So could be him, or could be someone doing something stupid in the service centre. Who knows.

Will look into mud flaps though!