Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where did tire pressure go? V11 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 3611C01B-D7E1-4DFD-906A-AB2532C369EE.jpeg
    3611C01B-D7E1-4DFD-906A-AB2532C369EE.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 208
I have the same problem. Can’t find it anywhere.

Try this: Drive for a mile or two, then pull over and open the Controls > Service panel.

I think they moved the tire pressures to that panel but hid them entirely until the sensors collect enough data, making them undiscoverable. (Usability testing would've demonstrated this.) It's an example of their unthinking "declutter" binge.

A sensible design would display "-- psi" placeholders until there is data to show, like V10 did, or display the previous measurements with a timestamp.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Totally agree. After searching my UI in vain, I finally went to the web and learned of the new “rolling two step” psi display method. Poor UI design. When I finally got there, I discovered my rear driver side pressure was 32 psi (all the rest were 44) on a new two month old set of tires! Previously, I could have discovered the low pressure with a flick of the finger. Really ticked!
Removing the ability to view it from the main screen is a ridiculous change. I use tire pressure monitor all the time. There is no spare tire in this car, and most times you find out that there's attack in your tire is by losing pressure.

My wife got a tyre pressure warning today. Couldn't find it anywhere on the system. Came home and googled this to find its in the service menu. However service menu doesn't show it and voice command doesn't work. Now it seems the pressures only show when I'm driving, so I have to go back out in the car to find out which tyre has a problem and how bad it is!!

Reactions: K5TRX and Relayer
My wife got a tyre pressure warning today. Couldn't find it anywhere on the system. Came home and googled this to find its in the service menu. However service menu doesn't show it and voice command doesn't work. Now it seems the pressures only show when I'm driving, so I have to go back out in the car to find out which tyre has a problem and how bad it is!!
We'll, it always required driving for a little bit. But this is EXACTLY why all other car makers that offer TPMS also offer a setting to view it by default on the dashboard.
How low did it get before it notified you? They don't tell us that either..

Reactions: K5TRX
Just a couple of comments. I don't believe that tire pressure was ever available (prior to v11) until one had driven a bit. What I don't know is how long the pressure info remains available after the car is parked. (I've never used the UI to change tire pressures; always have used a stand alone pressure gauge.)

Also I am pretty sure that the Model 3 at least, has a two stage warning system. When my tire pressure dropped slightly during a recent cold snap I got an orange tire symbol on the upper left part of the screen but no audio or pop-up warning. Not sure about the trigger point for the visual warning; maybe around 35-37 PSI. The only time I experienced a major pressure drop (due to loose valve stem) I'm pretty sure I got a loud audio warning and/or a pop-up message. (That was a couple of years ago so my memory could be a bit off.)

I'm generally one who relies on the car to monitor tire pressure and let me know when there is a problem. The whole premise of TPMS systems is for the car to monitor tire pressure so the driver doesn't have to. Having said that, I might check the pressures in the UI on occasion to look for changes due to air temperature changes or to see if pressures are roughly the same for all four tires.

Bottom line, for me the change in where to view tire pressure, from v10 to v11 is immaterial.

Just a couple of comments. I don't believe that tire pressure was ever available (prior to v11) until one had driven a bit. What I don't know is how long the pressure info remains available after the car is parked. (I've never used the UI to change tire pressures; always have used a stand alone pressure gauge.)

Also I am pretty sure that the Model 3 at least, has a two stage warning system. When my tire pressure dropped slightly during a recent cold snap I got an orange tire symbol on the upper left part of the screen but no audio or pop-up warning. Not sure about the trigger point for the visual warning; maybe around 35-37 PSI. The only time I experienced a major pressure drop (due to loose valve stem) I'm pretty sure I got a loud audio warning and/or a pop-up message. (That was a couple of years ago so my memory could be a bit off.)

I'm generally one who relies on the car to monitor tire pressure and let me know when there is a problem. The whole premise of TPMS systems is for the car to monitor tire pressure so the driver doesn't have to. Having said that, I might check the pressures in the UI on occasion to look for changes due to air temperature changes or to see if pressures are roughly the same for all four tires.

Bottom line, for me the change in where to view tire pressure, from v10 to v11 is immaterial.
You had me until the last sentence.
If I'm on a long drive, which is somewhat frequent, I tended to keep the TPMS card open.

I really don’t know what this tire pressure obsession is all about, but I’m pretty sure there’s a medical treatment for it.
Weil, if the display shows a tire pressure warning, it should also be easy to see which tire is low, or is there more than one?! That used to be very easy, until the recent update. it wasn't "broke" but now it is. Call it a fixation if that makes you feel better than me.

I cannot see tire pressure at all, even in the service menu, even while driving. Voice command doesn't work. And all this is while there is an active warning for very low tire pressure. Which tire? Nobody knows. How low? Nobody knows. So I had to purchase a tire pressure gauge at a gas station in order to even know which tire to fill. All because of a stupid software update.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I don't believe that tire pressure was ever available (prior to v11) until one had driven a bit
Yes. Tire pressure monitors use a wireless connection to transmit the data. To save battery, they shut down when the car is not moving. I don't know how soon they do this after you stop - it's at least a few minutes because you can fill up your tires at the gas station without issue.

Yes. Tire pressure monitors use a wireless connection to transmit the data. To save battery, they shut down when the car is not moving. I don't know how soon they do this after you stop - it's at least a few minutes because you can fill up your tires at the gas station without issue.
Good to know although I'll probably just keep using my tire gauge when I'm adjusting tire pressure. That way I don't have to leave the air hose and keep sticking my head into the car (to see if I need to add or release air from the tire). It is rare that I need to adjust tire pressure anywhere but at home; usually with my seasonal changeover when the car has been stationary for quite a while.

Since the ironically named ‘holiday update’ (it’s no holiday) the little swipey thing in the left hand panel of the display that allowed me to quickly see tyre pressure and trip info has disappeared. When I swipe here now I merely manage to rotate the graphic of the vehicle. Which is clearly immensely useful to no one at all.

Am I being a total dummy or is there now no way to see these useful bits of information without doing a Jacques Cousteau into the menu system.

Really hating this car at the moment. You buy a car because it does a thing and then its stops doing that thing. Really. What’s that even about?

Tap the car icon in the lower left, then 'service' and it'll bring up a big car with pressures at each corner.

And yes... it sucks to have to do that, and use the ENTIRE screen for four small numbers.
Thanks - I found that but it’s a crash recipe to menu dive whilst driving. However I just found from another thread that you can still swipe left and right as before but that the target area has changed. It is apparently just above the three dots and some people say its too small and some people say it’s larger. Presumably depending on whether they are fanpeeps or not.

Thanks - I found that but it’s a crash recipe to menu dive whilst driving. However I just found from another thread that you can still swipe left and right as before but that the target area has changed. It is apparently just above the three dots and some people say its too small and some people say it’s larger. Presumably depending on whether they are fanpeeps or not.

That was pre Version 11.

I don't believe that tire pressure was ever available (prior to v11) until one had driven a bit.

Yes, but if V11 still showed the "-- psi" placeholder until it got a reading, people looking for it while parked would discover it. Maybe that's a bug like this case:

I cannot see tire pressure at all, even in the service menu, even while driving. Voice command doesn't work. And all this is while there is an active warning for very low tire pressure.