TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where do I find application launcher on 2019.40.50.1

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by mjwojtukiewicz, Dec 27, 2019.

1. mjwojtukiewicz

I have tried multiple Google searches and not one single one shows the same touchscreen menus as mine. WHERE do I find application launcher so I get can my text message Attached are my menus.

Attached Files:

2. ry-ballz

ry-ballz Member

There's no application launcher.
    Text message support is under the phone menu. Select your phone, and there's an option to sync messages.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. mjwojtukiewicz

Could you be a little more specific. The Tesla app or some settings option? I have an Android btw

4. Kennymb5384

Kennymb5384 Member

Select the Bluetooth icon on the map screen in the upper right and choose your phone.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. mjwojtukiewicz

Thank you very much....will try it momentarily

6. mjwojtukiewicz

ok...I tried it. It said tape to read message then a little box popped up saying listening......I talk and nada....what do I push next?

7. Kennymb5384

Kennymb5384 Member

That’s the awful voice command update. Mine works like 15% of the time since the update

8. mjwojtukiewicz

Well I can get it to call people and tried opening the glovebox. But even if it worked whatdo you say when you're done? Over? 10-4? Send?

9. ry-ballz

ry-ballz Member

You click the button again

10. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Button being the right scroll wheel. Yes, the text on the screen is misleading and that's exactly where I stumbled the other night when I was trying to set it up.

• Like x 1
  11. SMAlset

#11 SMAlset, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    There IS an Application Launcher. Was in previous Release Notes (see below), I think back in November, along with the addition of Cuphead. The current Model 3 manual has a publication date of 10/30/19 so this info should be included in the next version update.

B0508A38-BE38-4B3B-BF6C-B38718FB23EC.jpeg

And here’s the Release Notes for sending and receiving text messages (thought Phone Improvements could have been better titled to mention texts).

1B8F4106-6BF4-4AE0-A9A1-CE9CD2E0AEC9.jpeg

To answer OPs original question here’s where in Application Launcher to go next:

2263053C-3BE0-4256-AA83-83C85D8911F0.jpeg

• Helpful x 1
  12. hugh_jassol

hugh_jassol Member

When a message comes in and the “card” is displayed on the lower left portion of the screen, either tap the card with your finger or click the right scroll wheel to have the car read it. Then, tap the card (or click the scroll wheel) again and talk to dictate your reply.

To get to your old messages, use the app launcher (third icon from the left at the bottom of the screen) and select the phone icon.

13. SMAlset

Tapping the card text hasn’t worked from what I’ve seen on the forum or on YT video.