Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do I find my payoff for a financed Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I am selling my Model Y which I finance thru Tesla and am unable to find the payoff amount anywhere. I pay through the Tesla app and there is no bank information other than "Tesla" anywhere. They do not pick up calls and have a full voicemail. Honestly unbelievable. Any car you finance you can look up a payoff amount for. They are basically restricting me from selling my own property.

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone!

I am selling my Model Y which I finance thru Tesla and am unable to find the payoff amount anywhere. I pay through the Tesla app and there is no bank information other than "Tesla" anywhere. They do not pick up calls and have a full voicemail. Honestly unbelievable. Any car you finance you can look up a payoff amount for. They are basically restricting me from selling my own property.

Thanks in advance!

Teslas lending page says :

===================================

Making Payments​

The amount and due date of your payments is outlined in your Loan Agreement. You can find a copy of your Loan Agreement in the ‘Glovebox’ section of your Tesla Account along with other documents.

You will receive a welcome packet and the first invoice from your lender in the mail with payment information around two to three weeks after taking delivery. Please note that the mailer may be undisclosed and may be easily mistaken as junk mail. Your first payment is due 30 or 45 days from the delivery date depending on your lender and your monthly payment will be due on that same date going forward each month. If your loan is financed with Tesla Finance LLC, you can make your monthly payment directly from the Tesla app or your Tesla Account. If your loan is financed with one of Tesla’s indirect partners, the payment must be made to the lender from your Loan Agreement.

Finance Payoff​

There are no prepayment penalties associated with Tesla financing and our partners. Please contact your lender directly for payoff details and instructions for remittance.

Hardship, Delinquency and Additional Support​

Please contact your lender directly if you’re having trouble making payments. Your finance contract outlines the name of your lender. You can find a copy of your contract in the ‘Glovebox’ section of your Tesla Account along with other documents.

• BMO Harris Customer Service: (888) 340-2265
  • Chase Customer Service: (800) 336-6675
  • TD Auto Customer Service: (800) 556-8172
  • US Bank Customer Service: (800) 872-2657
  • Wells Fargo Customer Service: (800) 289-8004
  • Tesla Finance Customer Service: (844) 837-5285 (Option 1)
=======================================

Check your contract like it says above, see who your lender is and call them. If its actually "tesla lending" then you likely have to try to get through that number above.

Reactions: Ogre
Upvote 0
Teslas lending page says :

===================================

Making Payments​

The amount and due date of your payments is outlined in your Loan Agreement. You can find a copy of your Loan Agreement in the ‘Glovebox’ section of your Tesla Account along with other documents.

You will receive a welcome packet and the first invoice from your lender in the mail with payment information around two to three weeks after taking delivery. Please note that the mailer may be undisclosed and may be easily mistaken as junk mail. Your first payment is due 30 or 45 days from the delivery date depending on your lender and your monthly payment will be due on that same date going forward each month. If your loan is financed with Tesla Finance LLC, you can make your monthly payment directly from the Tesla app or your Tesla Account. If your loan is financed with one of Tesla’s indirect partners, the payment must be made to the lender from your Loan Agreement.

Finance Payoff​

There are no prepayment penalties associated with Tesla financing and our partners. Please contact your lender directly for payoff details and instructions for remittance.

Hardship, Delinquency and Additional Support​

Please contact your lender directly if you’re having trouble making payments. Your finance contract outlines the name of your lender. You can find a copy of your contract in the ‘Glovebox’ section of your Tesla Account along with other documents.

• BMO Harris Customer Service: (888) 340-2265
  • Chase Customer Service: (800) 336-6675
  • TD Auto Customer Service: (800) 556-8172
  • US Bank Customer Service: (800) 872-2657
  • Wells Fargo Customer Service: (800) 289-8004
  • Tesla Finance Customer Service: (844) 837-5285 (Option 1)
=======================================

Check your contract like it says above, see who your lender is and call them. If its actually "tesla lending" then you likely have to try to get through that number above.
It does say lender is Tesla directly. I called that number already and get a prompt to email them or leave a voicemail on a full voicemail which won't allow me to. About to go scream at my local dealer. Such a tech company and can't display basic information.

Upvote 0
Assuming you have made payments via the app, are there any options for a "one time payment" as described on the Tesla Lending FAQ:

Did you even read his message? He doesn't want to pay it off, he wants a guaranteed payoff quote (with daily interest and a final date) so the buyer's lender can give him a loan.

Upvote 0
Have you called the Tesla Finance dept. 844-837-5285? That was honestly the only dept. that I could pretty easily get a hold of someone at Tesla.
Yes I have. No one picks up call on this number at any time and mailbox is full (how is that possible). When calling customer service I get to speak to someone but they are unable to help me as they are not from that department.

Upvote 0
Did you even read his message? He doesn't want to pay it off, he wants a guaranteed payoff quote (with daily interest and a final date) so the buyer's lender can give him a loan.
I might have been guilty of reading OP a little too early in the morning after a night of lots of crying baby.

I was going to follow up with, if he goes to the one time payment options a "full payoff" might be an option as well.

Upvote 0
I might have been guilty of reading OP a little too early in the morning after a night of lots of crying baby.

I was going to follow up with, if he goes to the one time payment options a "full payoff" might be an option as well.
Not an option anywhere. You won't believe this. I finally got an email back from tesla saying "the reason you're not seeing a payoff in your account is because your vehicle must be returned to us at the end of your lease". What the F@ck? I did not lease the vehicle, I bought it and have a 72 month loan period which is clear on my account and statements etc. Just responded telling her that and asking how it was possible she missed it upon checking my account. I feel like I'm treating with customer service of t mobile or worse. I can't wait to be done with this company once and for all.

Upvote 0
Not an option anywhere. You won't believe this. I finally got an email back from tesla saying "the reason you're not seeing a payoff in your account is because your vehicle must be returned to us at the end of your lease". What the F@ck? I did not lease the vehicle, I bought it and have a 72 month loan period which is clear on my account and statements etc. Just responded telling her that and asking how it was possible she missed it upon checking my account. I feel like I'm treating with customer service of t mobile or worse. I can't wait to be done with this company once and for all.
Did you press option 1 when you call the number? All the voice prompts are for leasing but it gets you to the right place. Calls outside of business hours will prompt a voicemail but from 9-3:30 or 4 they will put you in a queue to talk to some one. I did this with mine recenty and it was frustrating. Been paid off for a month and still no payoff letter or transfer of title. But I can no longer make payments theough app or online account.

Last ditch you can try this number from an older post here. 650-681-6789

Upvote 0
Somebody had similar situation a few months back. Seems like they don’t have functionality to be able to give you a pay off quote. This is an email reply another member received from Tesla finance.

"Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I apologize for the delay in response. Unfortunately, due to system limitations paying off the loan is not yet a feature available, we do expect this option to be available in the first quarter of next year.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Matthew M.
Financial Services"

Upvote 0
Somebody had similar situation a few months back. Seems like they don’t have functionality to be able to give you a pay off quote. This is an email reply another member received from Tesla finance.

"Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I apologize for the delay in response. Unfortunately, due to system limitations paying off the loan is not yet a feature available, we do expect this option to be available in the first quarter of next year.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Matthew M.
Financial Services"
That is incorrect. I called and got a payoff quote. You just have to talk to someone. It took 4 days to get it but I got it. Also, Tesla Financial Services is the British arm, not US, so they may not have that functionality.
Welcome to Tesla Financial Services.
It will redirect to 404 if you are in the US (note the en_GB)

Note the phone number at the bottom of the letter.

@hybridfran

Upvote 0
Number on the letter is main Tesla one, don’t call it. For the finance number, options 1-1-3 and then 1 to leave a message. Just left one so mailbox isn’t full. Used to get put in a queue for next operator. I will say this though, it has been a month and I still have no confirmation that I paid it off other than not being able to make further payments. So you won’t have a quick process with title transfer if you need that as part of the sale.

Upvote 0