Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do I go to get Daytime Running Lights back???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your top screenshot indicates that your headlights are illuminated. This is confirmed by the Green headlight icon on the top left as well as the white “glow” in the front of the car rendering.

You are correct Shateam and so is Tam. The first 2 attached pics show the headlights, Signatures and taillights on for those first 4 minutes. Then the head and taillights go out and just the Signature lights remain on with no icon indication. I admit to being quite surprised to see the Signatures remain on at this stage so my overall concern with the DRL issue is reduced. This is starting to look to me like some programmer's interpretation of what AUTO is supposed to do.

My optimum lighting plan would be PARTIAL headlights and taillights for daytime and of course full for night time. Since those LEDs are individually programmed that would be so simple to execute, but who am I other than a lowly customer. Some things have to be saved for our Easter Eggs.

Since we have the option of selecting manual ON that will accomplish most of what I want with the added annoyance of the Park Nag to select OFF or Auto. That is probably what I am going to try next.

So thanks for your help in getting my mind this far around it all. Now I'm starting to wonder if I was imagining the lights staying on all the time in AUTO?

AUTO LIGHTS In first 4 minutes:
IMG_20190721_173747.jpg
IMG_20190721_173837.jpg

AUTO LIGHTS After 4 minutes:
IMG_20190721_175424_1.jpg
IMG_20190721_175440.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Shateam
DRLs used to be an option but it’s no longer there! It’s still listed as a feature saved to my driving profile but, it’s no longer a feature that can be selected in the lights menu. Doesn't matter if I'm in Range Mode or not... Now, like said previously by another, the headlights turn off after 4 minutes of driving in daytime lighting. So I turn them to the on position because I think it’s safer to drive with headlights on. I’m willing to sacrifice a few miles of range to keep my headlights on. If they are going to take this option away, they should remove it from the list of options that are saved to individual driver profiles... I'd prefer they bring the option back!! How can we get this back?