TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Where do the written off Teslas go in Aus?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by eclectricdave, Jun 24, 2018.

1. NiallDarwin

NiallDarwin Right to Repair!

I don't believe it can be reversed in Australia but I'd love for someone to prove me wrong :)

2. dmaran

dmaran New Member

I could be interested in buying, have you got before photos and paper work for repair

3. Murbs

Murbs Member

4. nuckles

nuckles Member

If anyone watch's the above auction . Can they let us know what it goes for. I am going to be off line for the day.

5. dmaran

dmaran New Member

how much the black model X 75d go for? i missed the auction

6. dmaran

dmaran New Member

• Informative x 1
  7. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

In NSW, here is the only way to reverse a Statutory Write Off Vehicle
    WOVR Eligibility.JPG
    Only the current registered owner of a vehicle can have the opportunity to reverse the Statutory Writeoff on a vehicle unless the intention is to use the vehicle for Motorsport purposes

• Informative x 2
  8. NiallDarwin

Hi lonewolf, thank you for the information. Almost all of that matches with my understanding and research except I hadn't noticed the motorsports exception. This sounds like an interesting one. Do you have any idea how to go about using/proving it? It still doesn't get around the 'damage so severe its unsafe to attempt repairs clause' which in my opinion is misapplied regularly to damage which is actually only 'not economically repairable' in the eyes of the assessor.

9. Murbs

Murbs Member

Isn't that just referred to as a "repairable write-off"?

10. NiallDarwin

Well the car I've had on the road for a year and done 36,000km in was flagged as having 'unrepairable suspension damage'...

11. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Sorry, can't help you there. Just used a part of the Service NSW website on Statutory Writeoffs to give you the information

I have no practical knowledge regarding the reversal of a car on the WOVR to be used for motorsport purposes

12. NiallDarwin

13. manic

manic Member

Stat dec in Australia cannot be reversed, unless you are the owner at time of accident and dispute the decision with your insurer. After that - it is done, no going back!

I'd be interested to hear from the flood damage purchasers. How bad was the ingress? Water in motors and battery pack would make the car pretty much worthless. 20+k for a lump of metal?

14. NiallDarwin

Plenty of going forwards though, off to the better side of the ditch ;)

Me too. I'm waiting for mine to get shipped over. My crashed P100D is going to provide the guts for the rebuild. Under NZ law I have to replace every last bit of electrics so I've let myself in for some hard labour!

• Like x 2