Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Where do you car wash your Tesla on Oahu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JBAR

Jun 26, 2021
HI
Hello everyone on Oahu. If you live in a condo or apartment where you can’t wash the car in your driveway this question is for you. In town there are only a handful of drive-through car washes which are quite poor in my opinion. I would never want to put my Tesla in one of those. Unfortunately I believe there are zero DIY car washes on the island. The old fashion kind where are you parked in the stall and could use the wand to clean it yourself. What does everybody do to wash the car? I try to wash mine in the rain but I really wish I could wash it with soap and water hose.

You're right on the absence of self service power wash stalls on Oahu (for nonmilitary). There is one self service car wash, called MWR Self Car Wash off of Valkenburgh street, near Navy-Marine Golf course and an adjacent strip mall...Not sure how strict the attendants are on checking for military ID when using...

I’ve drove by that one as my friend also recommended it but there is an obstacle course of yellow caution tape you have to drive through to physically get into the stalls. The time I drove by I did not see an attendant but I didn’t want to go there then have someone pop out of nowhere and tell me to leave. There was a guy in uniform washing his car so I just drove off.