Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you charge your Model Y to for daily use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
90% in my garage every night starting after 7pm to be ready by 7am connected to the mobile connector on a 240v/50amp circuit.

Power does diminish with lower state of charge but it's incredibly small and I bet you don't actually use the "P" as much as you think you do.

Reactions: diep89
80%. I usually charge Sunday night. I use about 10% per day unless it's really hot and then charge again on Friday night and maybe once again on Saturday depending on what I'm doing.

On the other hand, we have a SR+ Model 3 that we've had for 3 years which gets charged to 90% pretty much every single night.

For the MYLR I charge to 87% (just to be unique). Do not charge daily, just depends on the schedule for the kids' practices etc.
Wife has a 3SR+, she drives less than 10 miles per day, so usually charge hers to 95% at the beginning of the week and have an alert for when she gets home less than 40% to charge again.

For my 2022 model Y Long Range my procedure is that I wait to charge until the displayed remaining capacity in miles is 150 or lower, and that night I charge it to a limit of 80%.

The car shares a garage and a charger with a 2023 model year model 3 RWD with the LFP battery. To keep things simple, I used the same trigger of 150 miles remaining capacity, but that one I charge to 100%.

In the rare case that both of them hit the evening below 150, I just decide which car needs energy more for the next day.

For those that persistently charge at home using the Tesla Wall Charger (we're waiting on delivery of our MY later this month and are having a Tesla Wall Charger installed soon) how much have you seen your electric bill increase on a monthly basis? I realize rates are different in every state and power company dependent - but am curious on average what to expect.

For those that persistently charge at home using the Tesla Wall Charger (we're waiting on delivery of our MY later this month and are having a Tesla Wall Charger installed soon) how much have you seen your electric bill increase on a monthly basis? I realize rates are different in every state and power company dependent - but am curious on average what to expect.
Of course a lot depends on how far you drive and how often you drive - my average bill increased about $22 a month. A little bit higher in the summer, because we do more traveling in the Summer

Reactions: HitchHiker71