Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you find your delivery estimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

Ordered 4/19, confirmed 4/26. Note: This is my second Tesla so you'd think I'd know how to do this!

I'm clearly missing something - where do I find my delivery estimate? I've attached a screen shot of where I think it was on my MS. But maybe I'm in the wrong place in mytesla. Or has Tesla now given up on estimates and just leaves this in the hands of the DS?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 5.15.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 5.15.16 AM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 137
Same here. Some people seem to know where they stand in delivery, but I am sure in the 'dark'. DS tells me what used to be April/May is now June due to 3rd seat recall. What other excuse? Please tell us how we can get delivery estimate on mytesla. thanks.

Based on what I've read on these boards, sometimes the system updates the website and you can log in and see status changes; sometimes it doesn't. IIRC there were anecdotes of people whose profile never went beyond "in queue for production" and then they suddenly got a call that their car was ready for delivery. Others' profiles have been updating. As far as I know, the only way to get additional information is to call, and then your mileage may vary depending on who answers the phone and their willingness or ability to provide additional info.

I went into this thinking that it would be reasonable to expect to be proactively notified of reliable information. Not to say that things wouldn't change, but that I'd be told "timing is X" with the potential follow-up communication saying "we're sorry, but our timing has slipped and now it's Y".

I've since come to terms with the fact that whether or not that's a reasonable expectation, it's not how the system is set up, so the longer I continue to expect it and not get it, the madder I'll get. This car costs easily 5x the price of basic transportation, and I didn't choose to spend all that extra money to get mad, so I've tried to convince myself that in fact my expectations were unreasonable and that I'll be happy to be told what I get told, when I get told, if at all.

• Informative
Reactions: jeffaa
If you do not have that text on your My Tesla page, then you can just do a VIEW PAGE SOURCE on your My Tesla page and search for this string "first-available" and you should see a date there. Mine says 2016-06-06. Does this mean my delivery will be June 6th??? who knows. My DS did ask if I had travel plans in June and I was originally a Late April - Mid May delivery.

53xx vin and my DS says mid-May production and early June delivery. Some of that is the 4 days it'll take to get it up here, but I'm sure most of it is increased inspections. If it helps them deliver a problem-free vehicle to me, I'll fine with the delay.

Reactions: WABarb
Maybe it is early in the morning and I am not 'awake' but can you tell me HOW to get View Page Source on a Mac? Many thanks. I have fin 53xx also and my DS tells the the same---June delivery (no longer May). Live on East Coast which usually adds two weeks or so. Anyway it is fun waiting and holding onto my stash of cash....

Reactions: EV Family
Maybe it is early in the morning and I am not 'awake' but can you tell me HOW to get View Page Source on a Mac? Many thanks. I have fin 53xx also and my DS tells the the same---June delivery (no longer May). Live on East Coast which usually adds two weeks or so. Anyway it is fun waiting and holding onto my stash of cash....

First time response but I've been on here since May of last year. I had to send a lengthy email to my DS to get a response but basically he said that my MX VIN 54XX will be built in mid-May and estimate delivery date of June 22. I'm in Westchester so I think both our cars and others on the East Coast will be on the same truck. Can't wait for both my kids to trash the interior of the car. snark. BTW, press CTRL and U together to get the source page.

• Helpful
Reactions: beths11
Mine should enter production next week for a mid-May delivery but I have June in the source code. Hopefully the code is incorrect
While it would be great for you to get your car by mi May, the end of next week is already mid May. From what I hear manufacturing takes a little more than a week. That will put completion at mid May. Then comes QC which adds another week, and then the delivery. If you pick up at Fremont, there will be fewer inspections because there will not be problems caused by transport. There is hope for late May. I will not say mid May is impossible though. Good luck.

My source code did not have any dates at all, my page changed last night to remove the radio buttons and not allow changes to pickup location, payment method etc.
That is because your system crashed. No, seriously, I have the same, although there are some random dates, I know they do not apply to me. My radio buttons also disappeared. I guess that means we are really getting our Xs soon!

Reactions: systemcrashed
Does this page change signify the car is actually starting production? I'm wondering if this has happened to everyone with a confirmed order and VIN assignment. Hope you're right though. Btw, if you pay attention carefully, the system crashes every time I post a message on TMC :cool:

My page did not change until after my car was actually on the way. Supposedly it was delivered to the SC in VA today, and my DS will contact me tomorrow to finalize delivery details. My page chaged shortly after he sent me a message acknowledgeing that I confirmed my payment method.

If you do not have that text on your My Tesla page, then you can just do a VIEW PAGE SOURCE on your My Tesla page and search for this string "first-available" and you should see a date there. Mine says 2016-06-06. Does this mean my delivery will be June 6th??? who knows. My DS did ask if I had travel plans in June and I was originally a Late April - Mid May delivery.
@loganintx This code looks like it supports the drop down list that is used when you are able to enter your pickup options on your My Tesla page. (you can actually see other dates in the list after the 2016-06-06 date). Until you are closer to the actual date these options will not be visible to you on the MyTesla page. This code looks like a standard list that will change as time progresses. I'm not thinking it has anything to do with actual delivery dates until you are within the delivery window they define. I would not put too much stock in this data.

In my case, and I think for K-MTG as well, I upgraded to a 90D from a 70D awhile back. When I did this, the guy from inside sales made a point to tell me that the information on the mytesla page would probably be inaccurate after that point. I've learned not to trust anything it says and just pop off an email to my DS if I want to know the real story.