Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

where do you go for brake calipers cleaning and lubricant and tire change at the same time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I usually get my tire changes at Kal Tire. But it has been 3 years that I own my model 3 and I think it is good time to clean and lubricant my break caliper this year while getting summer tire put on. Evolution racing quoted me $400 to do the work . Wondering if there are other options out there? I am based in North York but willing to drive if work and price is good. Thanks!

Both cleaning and tire swap.

Messaged tesla and they said they don't do tires change.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220404-145550_Tesla.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220404-145550_Tesla.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 388
Both cleaning and tire swap.

Messaged tesla and they said they don't do tires change.
Oh right, they started declining wheel swap requests for customers recently. When I had it done late last year, I asked them if I could bring my winter wheels since they had to take my wheels off anyway and they said sure. They didn’t charge me extra since I was doing the brake service.

$400 seems very excessive for this.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Hello all,

I usually get my tire changes at Kal Tire. But it has been 3 years that I own my model 3 and I think it is good time to clean and lubricant my break caliper this year while getting summer tire put on. Evolution racing quoted me $400 to do the work . Wondering if there are other options out there? I am based in North York but willing to drive if work and price is good. Thanks!
You should try to do the brake service every year or at least every two years. I didn’t do mine for two years and it was very hard to take the brake pins and pads out due to corrosion.

I got lazy past two years with Covid and tackled the job last Friday.

Attachments

• 1A6D39F5-E3F8-4771-BDC6-58D914EACECA.jpeg
    1A6D39F5-E3F8-4771-BDC6-58D914EACECA.jpeg
    924.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 256A6230-FF8B-4CCC-8EC7-A0E2FB57DD4F.jpeg
    256A6230-FF8B-4CCC-8EC7-A0E2FB57DD4F.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 299
Which location ?
I go to the Concord, Ontario Kal Tire location to get my brakes cleaned. I find they are pretty knowledgeable with Tesla's. Called in to schedule for my winter / summer swap this year and they asked me if I wanted brake cleaning before I had a chance to mention it. I've been going with them since 2019, pretty satisfied with their work.

Reactions: coolmanfever
I go to the Concord, Ontario Kal Tire location to get my brakes cleaned. I find they are pretty knowledgeable with Tesla's. Called in to schedule for my winter / summer swap this year and they asked me if I wanted brake cleaning before I had a chance to mention it. I've been going with them since 2019, pretty satisfied with their work.
How much did they quote you?