Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your air freshener in your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my first question would be Why is your friend giving you an air freshener to put in your car and what is he trying to tell you? Second, may be me but we don’t eat, smoke, or other in the car so never understood the purpose of an air freshener in the car. Smells the same as it did 2 years ago.
This. I've owned many cars over the years and never once used an air freshener. It has never been necessary for me.

Honestly the ones I’ve seen made for our cars are all pretty weak. Last about 3 days and then it’s barely boric me for the rest of the month. However the price is almost double of regular air fresheners. I feel like they are ripping off Tesla owners. I’m speaking for the majority of them.

In either case I came across this:
Spigen Air Freshener Adapter Designed for Tesla Model 3 and Y Airvent (Air Freshener NOT Included) - 2 Pack https://a.co/d/1nekTmv

I never really liked air fresheners however on low setting they last a long time and you have many options of scents from fabreez. When I saw this product I thought about the possibility of scents k could use now. Even though you get 2 in a pack I’ve always had one in my cars and that’s has been more than enough. So I will put the other one in my wife’s 3.

Reactions: bpon89
I wipe down the interior With an adam’s interior cleaner once a week that keeps the car smelling fresh most of the time. Now on rainy days when I get the heat pump funk I could plant a rose garden in the cargo area and wouldn’t help at all.

Only when it starts to smell like dirty socks. Had to change mine after about 16 months of ownership. They didn’t look bad but after changing them- it took care of the smell.
I exaggerated a bit when I said each month; but here in the southeast, where it’s hot and humid most of the year, the smell in my vehicle comes back after a few months at most. Perhaps others in my area have had a different experience but that’s just my reality. Also, it’s a giant pain in the arse to climb under the dash and it requires removing a lot of panels.

This is where I put my leather air freshener.

IMG_6428.jpeg