Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you put your change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question, but where do you throw all of that extra pocket change in your Model S? Doesn't seem to be a place for it in the console. The charger area would just slosh around and block the charger, and the cup holders.... Just no.

Was thinking of buying a small leather box or something that could fit behind the cupholders in the console (in that dead space that is otherwise unreadable) and tossing it in there.

Any other solutions out there that I haven't thought of?

Dumb question, but where do you throw all of that extra pocket change in your Model S? Doesn't seem to be a place for it in the console. The charger area would just slosh around and block the charger, and the cup holders.... Just no.

Was thinking of buying a small leather box or something that could fit behind the cupholders in the console (in that dead space that is otherwise unreadable) and tossing it in there.

Tip jars

Reactions: jrreno
That is not a dumb question! The nuns used to tell me there are no dumb questions , right before hitting me in the wrist with a thick wooden ruler :) I too need a good place for change. I hate clutter! In the mornings on my way to work I like to have the .16 for my large 7-11 coffee which I get from my change spot

As a woman, I don't have this problem as all my change goes in my purse. Maybe you can get a small coin purse that you can dump the change in.

I like the other suggestion of putting it in a tip jar.

image.jpeg
Here's one option that Walmart sells. I have a 3 coin rectangle holder from a car I had in the early 2000s that I just held on to and leave in the glove box. It keeps them sorted and most importantly... Quiet!

Coin Holder, Black - Walmart.com

I use this.

4165d7U3SEL.jpg

Custom Accessories 91116 Coin Holder

Fits perfectly if inserted vertically between the cup holders in the OEM front console and won't rattle (I hate rattles).

This thing costs more than the change it holds.

And where do the pennies go. You're not really solving the change problem if you don't solve the penny problem.

People still use physical money?